Sign in to follow this  

Rate my Bike New preprints

I just got these preprints in from factory backing.:thumbsup: I like the plain stock look.

I had a hard time installing them and i got some bubbles. Does anyone have any tips to get out bubbles?

100_0135.jpg100_0136.jpg

100_0134.jpg

I like the plain look too. I'm not a master graphics installer, so no tips here.

take a box cutter and poke a pin hole in the bubble then you can squeeze the air out and you can't even see the hole:thumbsup:

Well when air bubbles pop up, I just poke them with a dentist tooth scraping tool.

To put graphics on I spray windex on the plastic, then work the windex out from behind using heat and your fingers. It helps a TON if you have a buddy use the hairdryer. I used this process and have no air bubbles in my graphics. Occasionally some pop up, and then I poke em!

I just got these preprints in from factory backing.:thumbsup: I like the plain stock look.

I had a hard time installing them and i got some bubbles. Does anyone have any tips to get out bubbles?

100_0135.jpg100_0136.jpg

100_0134.jpg

Put some water in a spray bottle and try spraying, the sticky part of the decal and your plastic, with water. So if you make a mistake you can easily peel it off. When you are done applying your decal to the plastic, get a blow dryer and apply heat to the decal, or leave it out in the sun for couple of hours. After doing all that, you shouldn't have any bubbles :worthy:

Put some water in a spray bottle and try spraying, the sticky part of the decal and your plastic, with water. So if you make a mistake you can easily peel it off. When you are done applying your decal to the plastic, get a blow dryer and apply heat to the decal, or leave it out in the sun for couple of hours. After doing all that, you shouldn't have any bubbles :thumbsup:

That's what I do too but I add a drop of dish soap to the water bottle. It's a trick I learned from a window tint installer - it helps to be able to move the sticker around before it sets. Don't go crazy with the soap, just one or two drops!

Looks excellent. No matter what you use to put them on, they are a pain to install.

Thanks for the tips. i knew about the water soap trick but the decals came with a tip sheet and said to apply them dry.

soak the number plate and graphic in windex then massage it on with the help of a hair dryer/ heat gun

Graphics take a few tries to learn how to get them on there perfectly.

My last set was the first that I ever got on without a single bubble.