Help please with my 94 XR250R

Hi guys I hope you can help me. I picked up a 94 XR250R that needed a cylinder head. There was no cylinder head on the bike (It was destroyed and in a box full of parts) Now the previous owner said that he put a new piston on there so after months of searching i found a cylinder head ordered a top end gasket kit put everyuthing back together the bike took a long time to start and would only rev out at half choke?!?!? I pulled the carb apart cleaned all the gunk out there and the jets and stuff and put it back together and still the same very hard to start (7-10 kicks) and will only rev out at half choke. It idles well at full choke and half choke but the minute i try to turn the choke off it cuts out:foul: . I rode it yesterday for about 2 hours it it seemed kinda slugish. Please some of you honda gurus chime in and help me out here:cry:

Sounds like you have an intake leak, creating a severe lean condition. Check that the intake manifold is sealing to the head, and that the rubber is not de-laminating from the manifolds base metal.

Thank you very much for that speedy reply man. I'll try that tomorrow.

Carefully inspect the pilot jet. The pilot is easily clogged by evaporated gasoline sludge and can cause the symptoms that you describe.

Carefully inspect the pilot jet. The pilot is easily clogged by evaporated gasoline sludge and can cause the symptoms that you describe.

Ok I'll look into that too. Thanks guys:ride:

Ok guys problem solved. I cleaned the carb and the jets but this being my first time working on a carb i didn't realize that the pilot jet was completely clogged. I bought new jets and replaced them since these were toast and boy let me tell you what a difference. The bike is 10000 times easier to start and 100000000 times faster!!!!!!

Great to hear!

Great community we have!!!!!