Sign in to follow this  

Arthritis

Just curious what everyone takes for arthritis or what you do to help it? Specifically in the knee.

Thanks.

Synvisc injections may help. If no help with Synvisc or an equivalent , Prolotherapy or Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections directly into the joint may help. Glucosimine Sulfate helps for some. Omega 3 Fatty Acids may also help. Stop riding if you have pain during riding or after if it is debilitatating. Strengthen your core muscles and glutes to take as much load off your knees as possible.....Good luck.

I take a prescribed anti-inflamatory medication, and I use MSM topical gel on the sore spot. I hate taking pills so I don't take the prescrition as often as I should, but I do use the MSM all the time when pain is present. For me the MSM lessens the pain more than the medication, however, this may be because I don't take the medication twice a day as it suggests.

It appears to be the same compounds as what I take but a different distributor. This is also cheaper than what I pay. Try it, it cant hurt. Also, if you live in a area where horses are raised, try the Tack shops. trainers have been using this stuff for a long time, and it is cheaper than buying it on line....

I take Remacade and Naproxin. I get the remicade for Crohn's but it also works for arthritis.

How ironic. I also take remicade for Chron's. That stuff is beyond a miracle.

Unfortunately I only have 1 treatment left, and after that, it will be my first attempt to to survive with no medication.

I wish I could continue to take it but I'm so young and remicade's fairly new so they don't know the long term side effects. Like if I continued to take it for 50+ years etc. you know.

After thinking about it I think my 5 x 5 program helps my knees as much or more than medication. (and it's free)

5 x 5 program: walk 5 miles 5 days a week as fast as I can, make my knees feel the best!

Synvisc injections may help. If no help with Synvisc or an equivalent , Prolotherapy or Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections directly into the joint may help. Glucosimine Sulfate helps for some. Omega 3 Fatty Acids may also help. Stop riding if you have pain during riding or after if it is debilitatating. Strengthen your core muscles and glutes to take as much load off your knees as possible.....Good luck.

+1 on Synvisc. I get about 9 months from the shots. My ins. covers it. May be expensive without Ins. Oh yes, lots of ice, then heat.