IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Whats it mean when your just endlessy thirsty?

I mean I dont drink alcohol at all. Need to lose weight(about 30 lb's) .

Typical FRiday before a ride.

Bagel for breakfast, sandwich...like ham or beef for lunch, maybe teriyaki/pizza for dinner. About 3 "short" amercano's throughout day. HEres what doesnt make sense..I have been told once your thirsty your already dehydrated....I have a site down job and drink TWO 20 oc water containers during the day. Which is alot. And I gotta go to the bathroom alot. Come Sat. Monrning I might get micky-d's and coffee. But I usually need to bring almsot two full sized camel backs full of water for a 50-60 mile all day ride. I just sweat like crazy and suck down the water like crazy. Everyone looks at me like a freak. Why am I so thirsty and sweat so much? Can I eat something/do something to prevent this madness?

Schedule an appointment with your doctor and have your blood sugar measured. There is a slight chance that it could be type 2 diabetes. You have all of the symptoms that I had before I was diagnosed.

Was that two 20 oz. of h2o? You should drink more like a gallon a day. We have been talking about this at my work latley and the consensus seems to be once you are a little dehydrated as you catch-up on water you do tend to go a lot. Once you get caught-up the going seems to lessen. Dr.D is right though eliminate a health issue for sure. If I don't drink 3-4 nalgene bottles(32 oz.) a day I fall behind. Sorry this is so long hope it helps.

Schedule an appointment with your doctor and have your blood sugar measured. There is a slight chance that it could be type 2 diabetes. You have all of the symptoms that I had before I was diagnosed.

i second this, especially with your age, and if you are overweight it is definitely a possibility that you have adult onset diabetes (type 2)... this is the only way that i found out, i was thirsty all of the time and was drinking everything in sight...

hmm, correction. I am not actually thirsty all the time. I force myself to down water the day before a ride. Only when I go riding do I REALLY get thirsty. Nobody in my family had type 2 diabetes and I have been super fit up till just a copuple years ago. Plus, when I go riding I sweat like crazy.

You all still think the same?

I am constantly thirsty, wake up 2 times a night or more to urinate and I'm also overweight. I am so afraid to go tested for diabetes though. Does this sounds like symptoms for it? Should i man up and go get tested?

I am constantly thirsty, wake up 2 times a night or more to urinate and I'm also overweight. I am so afraid to go tested for diabetes though. Does this sounds like symptoms for it? Should i man up and go get tested?

Having type 2 diabetes is not the end of the world. With the new meds on the market it is much easier to control blood sugar swings, and live a more normal life than people in the past. Man up and go see a doctor because if you do have it and don't take care of it, it will only get much, much worse.

Constant thirst and frequent urination are both signs of diabetes. Get tested sooner than later. Diabetes affects your whole body (heart, brain, kidneys, vessels, eyes) and can really mess you up until it is under control. It should not be taken lightly.

I think I spotted your problem, you drink no alcohol. :thumbsup:

It never hurts to get tested, ignoring the problem will not make it go away, after it is diagnosed your quality of life will improve.

I do not think you have type one diabetes, I think you are a sweater. many studies have been done on sweating, typically athletes will sweat quicker once exercise starts and more during exercise than non athletes. The body knows it has to regulate heat so it sweats. I am a sweater, I am always thirsty during exercise but do not worry about it unless I stop sweating, Very bad sign. Yes I do drain a 2 liter camelback in a 2 hour ride.

I think your best solution is to move to alaska and ride naked.

hmm, correction. I am not actually thirsty all the time. I force myself to down water the day before a ride. Only when I go riding do I REALLY get thirsty. Nobody in my family had type 2 diabetes and I have been super fit up till just a copuple years ago. Plus, when I go riding I sweat like crazy.

You all still think the same?

I hope I am wrong, but just get checked anyway to be safe.

If you check out OK medically, I suggest you dump all the sodium based foods you listed. Terriaki us nothing but SOY sauce (liquid salt) basically. Pizza is high on sodium as well. All your caffinated beverages are diuretics and promote water loss and leads to dehydration, the very thing you are trying to avoid.

I think your best solution is to move to alaska and ride naked.

I think I need to do this!

(sorry that was totally unhelpful)

I mean I dont drink alcohol at all. Need to lose weight(about 30 lb's) .

Typical FRiday before a ride.

Bagel for breakfast, sandwich...like ham or beef for lunch, maybe teriyaki/pizza for dinner. About 3 "short" amercano's throughout day. HEres what doesnt make sense..I have been told once your thirsty your already dehydrated....I have a site down job and drink TWO 20 oc water containers during the day. Which is alot. And I gotta go to the bathroom alot. Come Sat. Monrning I might get micky-d's and coffee. But I usually need to bring almsot two full sized camel backs full of water for a 50-60 mile all day ride. I just sweat like crazy and suck down the water like crazy. Everyone looks at me like a freak. Why am I so thirsty and sweat so much? Can I eat something/do something to prevent this madness?

Sounds like you under hydrate during the week and over hydrate on ride day. Think balance. The day before your ride try drinking a 50/50 mix(min.) - water/sports drink thruout the day. On ride day skip the coffee, instead drink a quart (or more) of powerade/gatorade/cytomax, etc. in the morning. Then stay on at least a 50/50 mix in the camelbak thruout the day.

Never, never, rely on just plain water during extended demanding activities. Use powders, gels, tabs, etc. to replace lost minerals as needed during the event. Cytomax powder is my fav. About 1 scoop to 20 oz. of water. It has a moderate glycemic index so it keeps my blood sugar stable and my mind attentive. You'll have to experiment to find what works best in your case.

Everyone has a different sweat rate. The important thing is to replace the lost water/minerals during exercise, and afterwards. Losing >2% of your preride weight to sweat is a potential problem. But so is over hydrating, particularly with just plain water.

I'm no expert, so please take my views with a grain of salt....pun intended. :thumbsup: