pw50: clutch shoes replacement?

Hi, what is the economical way to replace the clutch shoes on the pw50. The clutch specs says the shoe lining thickness is 1 mm with a service limit of .7 mm. I don't understand why the service limit is so high, as it seems the shoes have plenty of linings. Anyway, BikeBandit only lists the whole clutch assembly and no option to just buy the clutch shoes. What do you guys do to rebuild the clutch?

I don't think a pw50 clutch has ever worn out.

According to the spec they do. The shoe lining thickness of the clutch I removed from my pw50 is about .7 mm and one I had bought from EBay was at .5 mm, which is below the service limit.

+1

they really dont wear out i have seen 81's 82's etc with the original clutch and probably over 100 hrs on them that still work great, im not saying they wont ever where out they are just super tough and under no load

its the springs that will wear out before the clutch does.

to check the clutch in the pw50 stand over it give it full gas but stand still if the bike wants to pull the front end up off the ground then the clutch is good if not replace springs and try again.

Canon racecraft has some killer springs for a pw

Canon racecraft has some killer springs for a pw

+1 they made heavy fork springs on a bike for mw and they do 100% awesome work. but i never realized they made the clutch springs for the pw +1 awesome find :thumbsup:

I have a set of there fork springs in our pw. Adds about an inch to the front end, but way better than stock.