WR250R stock and 12T shift point graphs

OK here is the shift curves chart for the stock R, followed by a chart for an R with a 12T front sprocket.

If anyone has dyno torque results for their machine they want me to make a shift chart for, send me the dyno chart.

Enjoy!

/dh

wr250rstockcurves.jpg

wr250r12tcurves.jpg

wow... the driving force is up by quite a significant amount :thumbsup:

I've got a 12t front on my R. Can't get much past 12-15 mph or so with out the engine screaming like a banshee. The past few days I've been starting out in 2nd gear. Anyone know if this will have any neg effects in the long run? :thumbsup:

wow... the driving force is up by quite a significant amount :thumbsup:

Yes, it is up by exactly what one would think, 7-8 percent.:worthy:

I've got a 12t front on my R. Can't get much past 12-15 mph or so with out the engine screaming like a banshee. The past few days I've been starting out in 2nd gear. Anyone know if this will have any neg effects in the long run? :thumbsup:

Why is it screaming? What kind of exhaust do you have, any mods?

Why is it screaming? What kind of exhaust do you have, any mods?

Stock exhaust. I think maybe I'm revving it a little too much to get going in traffic or off of stop lights. I have to shift from 1st to 2nd after going maybe 15-20 feet. Definitely can't get up to 20mph without a lot of noise. Maybe I'm just not use to a engine needing to rev so high after coming of the CRF250X. :thumbsup:

Have the PCIII with K&N air filter, but this was added after 12t.

I realise with the stock exhaust... the screaming process (RPM rising slowly) does create some uncomfortable noise... but if you give it a handful, it will produce a different tone...