IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Thinking of buying this rack for my DR650: What do you think?

I'm in need of a rack for my '04 DR650. I was looking at this rack that a guy seels on eBay. He has 100% positive feedback on his products. I need a rack that I can transport say, a regular desktop PC tower on from time to time. This way I could strap it to the rack and wouldn't need to take my Cherokee to work on days when I needed to transport larger objects like a PC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rear-Cargo-Rack-Suzuki-DR650-dr-650-se-1996-2008_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10066QQihZ008QQitemZ180281034183QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Anyone use this rack? Is it really as good as the feedback on eBay suggests?

If you did a search on here for "Ebay rack" you would find plenty of feedback.

Bottom line is that people are very happy with the quality, sturdiness etc, so if you can live with the look (it's huuuge!!) go for it.

I have this rack on my DR and it fits great. I love it, I even put a hard case on it. It is real sturdy and bolted right up.

I have this rack on my DR and it fits great. I love it, I even put a hard case on it. It is real sturdy and bolted right up.

Whats this rack?:thumbsup:

If you did a search on here for "Ebay rack" you would find plenty of feedback.

Bottom line is that people are very happy with the quality, sturdiness etc, so if you can live with the look (it's huuuge!!) go for it.

I've got one and I wouldn't trade mine. There are a few recommendations here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=681798

Well, I did it. I ordered one of those racks. I know it's huge but I would like to be able to carry something as large as a Computer tower on it. I hope it is as strudy as everyone says :thumbsup:

lots of guys on ADVRider use that rack. THere is some pics of some guys hauling several cases of beer, firewood, and all sorts of stuff on it. I have not heard anything bad about it. Other than it is just huge!

THere is some pics of some guys hauling several cases of beer

Is there anything else needed...?:thumbsup::worthy::busted:

I have the bar b q e bay rack that you ordered. Simple, well made, fits well, and will carry anything. I carried a full back pack to Guatemala and back. In a tip over it protects blinkers. I take mine off at the 4 bolts that are threaded into the inserts and use just the rack mounts without the platform 90% of the time. That works as a mini rack, looks way better (as nice as they are, they is ugly) and you can bungie a six pack or what ever to it. Takes 1 minute to take it off or put it on. I just leave the bolts (stainless) in the rack mounts so I can keep track of them, and they are on hand.

Good deal at 69.95 great deal at 59.95. You will love it.

I am asshat

lots of guys on ADVRider use that rack. THere is some pics of some guys hauling several cases of beer, firewood, and all sorts of stuff on it. I have not heard anything bad about it. Other than it is just huge!

What kind of TARD would do that :thumbsup:

2006_0926_191745AA.jpg

2006_0926_192341AA.jpg

I don't know if I would use it for that 4 letter word,,,,,,,

:worthy: WORK:bonk:

I 'pose if it were the customers PC I'd rack it.......

02875665875.jpg

But yea,,,,hellavaa good rack, fit #1 tuff 'nuff for the long hall...

PICT0077.jpg

DoubleD650,

I knew you would pick up on that, and post a pic! I think that I actually have the beer and firewood pic saved on my computer somewhere. I still ROTFL everytime I see it.

I take mine off at the 4 bolts that are threaded into the inserts and use just the rack mounts without the platform 90% of the time. That works as a mini rack, looks way better (as nice as they are, they is ugly) and you can bungie a six pack or what ever to it.

Got a pic of that?

I just ordered one, based on the pics and opinions here, and cause you can never mix enough beer with a motorcycle!!:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'll vouch for the Alko rack as well. Got my DR last week and installed the rack last night. Worked great once I re-installed it correctly per the instructions:censored: . I think it looks better in person than the photos, almost makes the bike look tuffer. And now I have room to bungie TWO milk crates on the back!

I'm in need of a rack for my '04 DR650. I was looking at this rack that a guy seels on eBay. He has 100% positive feedback on his products. I need a rack that I can transport say, a regular desktop PC tower on from time to time. This way I could strap it to the rack and wouldn't need to take my Cherokee to work on days when I needed to transport larger objects like a PC.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rear-Cargo-Rack-Suzuki-DR650-dr-650-se-1996-2008_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ10066QQihZ008QQitemZ180281034183QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Anyone use this rack? Is it really as good as the feedback on eBay suggests?

I have it, it's great. The price is a lot better than I paid.. Grrrr.. the guy lowered the price for a closeout or something. Definately nice rack if you like the bigger ones. Easy to install. Good hardware. I recommend it.

Got a pic of that?

I just ordered one, based on the pics and opinions here, and cause you can never mix enough beer with a motorcycle!!:thumbsup:

Yup. It sports a 12-pack with just one bungee cord too! The paint is flat black and the cardboard doesn't allow the 1/2 case of nectar to slide around. I wager you could hold three 18-count suitcases if you stood them up on the bottom and bungeed them in. LOL :worthy:

Ah, I am looking quite dumb now, I posted the Three-18 pack suitcases comment and then scrolled up to find... exactly that with some firewood to boot! I guess I should read ALL the posts first before replying.. LOL :thumbsup:

Ah, I am looking quite dumb now, I posted the Three-18 pack suitcases comment and then scrolled up to find... exactly that with some firewood to boot! I guess I should read ALL the posts first before replying.. LOL :worthy:

Your not dumb at all, two people having the same idea (that rack could hold a lot of beer!) just goes to show that great minds do think alike! :thumbsup: