Sign in to follow this  

Never let freinds borrow bikes

"You break it you fix it" is how we do it, we share bikes all the time, and stuff does get broken.

Perhaps you can fix that purple frame during the repair process !

im sorry about your bike. I only let my friends who know how to ride a 2 stroke use my bike. Friends who ride 4 strokes i dont let use it. I had one friend say he would be fine, it's just a 85, so i said fine, right as he hti the powerband flipped back and broke the fender. So now i only let people who know how to ride a 2 stroke ride my bike. and the rule applies "u brake u pay"

"You break it you fix it" is how we do it, we share bikes all the time, and stuff does get broken.

Yes sir you are correct. I make sure that twho ever rides my bike knows that if you break it you fix it. get that out of the way and there will be no issues.

No harm done, more feelings, when I told him he would be on Thumper Talk!

i let a guy borrow my bike while i was injured .. he crashed , bent the subframe and moved to another town a week later. then i see him the next year and he talks to me like nothing happend

Dang..how he loop that bike out with that 40 gallon gas tank on it? You must have put some strong powerbands in it.

Definitely helps if you have good friends. I guess the key here is don't let people you don't trust to fix the damge they cause ride your bike. Friends, you shouldn't have to worry about:excuseme:

Better be glad you didnt have that green powerband in or he would have been in some serious trouble.:thumbsup:

Better be glad you didnt have that green powerband in or he would have been in some serious trouble.:thumbsup:

dude...if he had a green powerband he would be screwed. Im pretty sure the purple band saved it from something serious happening

stuff like that is a complete non-issue with my friends, when they ride m bike, they understand that anything they break is their responsibility.

stuff like that is a complete non-issue with my friends, when they ride m bike, they understand that anything they break is their responsibility.

Same with my crew, plus none of them are noobs that are going to loop out like that.

People who are not responsible for their actions (errors, damage, etc) are people I do not call friends. That is why it's better to have a small handful of true friends than a large group of fair-weathers or acquaintances. Good thing the damage can be repaired! Must be a super powerful ride.

Yeah, I follow a you break it, you buy it policy, and I have no problems letting my friends ride my bike.

Never loan out what you cannot financially afford to take as a complete write off.

That goes for money, cars and motorcycles.

With a good friend...

"Hey, I think the motor is about to blow, but take it for a ride." I rode for 5 minutes, then the piston in his CR125 crumbled. He was laughing. He bought the parts and fixed it the next week. We both laugh about it.

I looped out his Ossa Pioneer. He was pissed as he thought I was showing off. Actually the throttle was stuck wide open and I was dumped the clutch to try to save the motor. In hind sight, I now know to stand on the rear brake when doing that again. Zip ties to route the throttle or a kill switch would have been helpful. Again, not really my fault. Repairs were minor.

I owe him some time on my motorcycles. Now, that I have bikes and he doesn't.