Never let freinds borrow bikes

I let people ride my bike if they're my friend. No problem. I hesitate to ride other people's equipment, though. I don't even like riding my son's or wife's bike even though I bought and maintain them. It must go back to when I was a dirt poor kid growing up. I abslolutely ate, slept and breathed for motorcycles, but could never afford one. A few people would let me ride their bikes. Back then I would have cut one of my fingers off for a bike, so I of course would ride one any chance I got. I wrecked a couple bikes and had no means to pay for the repairs. I felt bad, but my parents had no money either. I couldn't help myself from riding any chance I got, though.

Today, even though I can certainly pay to repair/replace any damage I could cause, I rarely take my friends up on offers to ride their bikes.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I borrowed a friends KX250F once. Rode it like it was my own and he didn't care. It was like everyone else says though....you mess something up then you pay for the repairs. I didn't mess anything up. But i wasn't being cautious. He rides/borrows my CRF all the time and I have no problem loaning it out to him. I know he would pay up if he screwed it up.

As long as you get the you break it your buy it part out of the way then its no problem for me to loan it out to CLOSE friends.

Better be glad you didnt have that green powerband in or he would have been in some serious trouble.:worthy:

hahaha in every forum if someone mentions the word powerband every one just goes with the coloured powerband jokes!! i love it, it never gets old ?

I moved from there in March. Lived there 8 years. I miss the trail riding like crazy. Especially the phases. You ever ride at the Granby track?

The phases are the bomb, we were there 2 weeks ago, after it rained, The granby track is fun just no competition, guys up here are more trail riders, I get spanked on the trail. I came from motor cross with 2 strokes.

My 426 is my first 4 stroke, MX style bike. I am getting the hang of trail riding in the mountains.

He almost looks proud in the second pic?

He is just learning to ride bikes, but when it comes to sleds he is one bad ass rider. I could not help but laugh, that is what that bike is for. The 426 on the ground is my main ride.?

One time a whole lot of years ago a friend of mine had a real nice Yamaha XS1100 Special, I mean real nice as in spotless. Well I was sitting on my porch one Friday night minding my own business and this friend and some others stopped by and asked if I wanted to join them at the local watering hole, I declined because I didn't feel like drinking. The guy says if I get bored to go get his bike and cruise around on it, off I go to go riding and it was cruise night uptown and traffic was horrible and while I'm waiting my turn to pull into traffic I hear the mud'in tires on a 4x4 truck jump a hump'in the pavement, you know the "whoop whoop whoop" sound. Just as I'm thinking alright someone a get'in her real good and just as I turn to look for the culprit, "WHAMMY" the ******* parks on me and I was pinned between the bike and the truck, Thank God he had the front bumper off of his truck because what he did hit me with hurt like hell. Well I don't need to tell you what the bike ended up looking like and it wasn't even my fault. I feel bad to this day about what happened that night.

I've been offered to ride someone else's street bike a few times, but I don't have the guts for that reason. Too many variables on the street that you can't control. On the track, as long as I ride within my limits and don't do anything stupid, me and the bike are safe.

The phases are the bomb, we were there 2 weeks ago, after it rained, The granby track is fun just no competition, guys up here are more trail riders, I get spanked on the trail. I came from motor cross with 2 strokes.

My 426 is my first 4 stroke, MX style bike. I am getting the hang of trail riding in the mountains.

if you want to get some good competitve riding at the granby track, there are certain days when that happens. If you are interested in riding with some good guys, call Alan or Newly at Spirit Lake Polaris in Grand Lake....they can let you know when the crew goes riding...there are actually quite a few A, and B class riders that practice there.

But the trail riding is definitely where it's at up there. Hope you enjoy it.?

oh yeah, and those guys usually do a weekly group trail ride too.

Ha ha. I thought that in the second pic he looks like he's demonstrating his technique, re-enacting the accident. He's holding his hands up like the bike is in a wheelie and he's going, "Whaaaaa...braaaap....."!

Ironically I looped out my bike last night on my track. As always seems to be the case, I was just putzing around while my wife is learning to ride her TTR-230. She got "stuck" on the peak of the take off of a small step up (she's just learning to roll over jumps and other bumps in the ground). I stopped, straddling the same jump to coach her on re-starting the bike and getting it up and over the peak. Once she was on her merry way I re-started, too. When I rolled over the landing of the jump I pulled a wheelie and rode it a short distance and ended up on my a$$. I knew it was happening, too. At least nothing got bent or broken on the bike and I just scraped up my left elbow and hip. No harm done, really.

I NEED to practice covering that rear brake. I never even attempted to tap it and I also never practice brake tapping over jumps. Now that I ride a CR250, it might bite me some day if I don't learn to do it.