Anyone use the 'x-tender' on a PW80?

Has anyone used the "x-tender" on a pw 80? Looks to be a shock extender - Needing a little info on it - I'm guessing that you unscrew one of the shock ends (shock eyes) and then insert this 'extender' between the joint and the shock body? Or does it install some other way?

If that's the case - anyone know the thread size/pitch of the shock end? I was thinking maybe a racing rod-end could be substituted that had a longer threaded body and a jam-nut (and it's convienant since there's a rod-end supply place close by that has a large selection)

Has anyone used the "x-tender" on a pw 80? Looks to be a shock extender - Needing a little info on it - I'm guessing that you unscrew one of the shock ends (shock eyes) and then insert this 'extender' between the joint and the shock body? Or does it install some other way?

If that's the case - anyone know the thread size/pitch of the shock end? I was thinking maybe a racing rod-end could be substituted that had a longer threaded body and a jam-nut (and it's convienant since there's a rod-end supply place close by that has a large selection)

Check my garage I have a picture of the finished product. Very easy to instal

I just took the seat and tank off of ours and drilled a nother hole about 1" back from the original shock mount, took about 5 minutes and no money..LOL!!! Raised the rear of the bike nicely.

thats a good idea. the x-tender came with the bike when i bought it I just had to do the instal. was very easy.

I recently installed the x-tender. I had to use a little heat on the eye, to get the lock-tite to release. No, need of a vise. When I installed I also, flipped the tension washer on the spring. Both of these raised the bike about 4"s.

Now it looks like a dirt bike and performs like one. Just be careful with chain tension. It will look awfully loose, but sit on it and bounce a few times, to judge chain tension.

I decided against the hole drill way. Its a small bike didnt want to weaken the frame.

When I installed I also, flipped the tension washer on the spring.QUOTE]

Hmmmm - have to look at that one - I'm leaning towards doing the hole 1" back and then if flipping the tension washer gives a little more preload on the spring that might be all that's needed for now...

Thanks for the replies - I've got a jet and a set of boysen reeds on order for it - when they come in I'll probably pull the seat and tank to have access and take a look at the shock mount hole.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
...and drilled a nother hole about 1" back from the original shock mount, .

You don't happen to have any pictures of this do you???:worthy:

I am wanting to do the same, but it looked that where I was wanting to drill, there is a fixed nut on the frame where the front oil tank mounting screw is set.

I just took the seat and tank off of ours and drilled a nother hole about 1" back from the original shock mount, took about 5 minutes and no money..LOL!!! Raised the rear of the bike nicely.
This. Hey, it's free (assuming you have a drill and bits), give it a shot.
If the extender makes the PW look like this:

dsc00358edit.jpg

woudn't this shift the weight of the bike -and rider- quite a bit more forward? The PW forks barely work the way they come stock, so wouldn't this make the front end problem even worse?

It doesn't affect the front suspension much, however, it does make the bike turn a little "quicker". It will also make a very much out of true wheel feel obvious (stock you won't notice a 1/2" from true wheel)
You don't happen to have any pictures of this do you???:worthy:

I am wanting to do the same, but it looked that where I was wanting to drill, there is a fixed nut on the frame where the front oil tank mounting screw is set.

Sure do.

One of these bikes has the hole-drill method, one is the X-tender.

IMAGE_00021.jpg

If it's worth $25 plus shipping, it's the one on the right. Free is the one on the left. I think.

000_0012_640.jpg

Thanks for the last picture!!?

I actually sat down with her bike last night and "had a chat" with it - using a drill machine and 3/8" drill bit!!B)

I drilled in very much (almost!!) the same place - maybe just a mili or two lower than the hole you have drilled.

It did make a nice difference and I reassembled the bike with no worries. I think she is gonna be quite chuffed with it.

I have worked out my mod for the "Smacaroni Snorkel-ectomy" and made a drawing, so I just need to to get my hands on same thin sheet and make it up.

As soon as I got a picture of two, I'll post. If you want the drawing I'll gladly forward it - but lemme get the first prototype made. (It's a little bit over kill, but it will mean a f"ire and forget" policy with the pressure washer!!

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...