Should I go for a 08 or 07?

Hi guys!

I am a crappy rider and I ride once a week at the local track. Today I was at the local suzuki dealer and there were some 08 and 07 leftovers. The shop manager proposed me to swap my 05 model for a newer one, plus some cash or course. The price difference between 07 and 08 is about 15-20%, but I suppose the 08 may hold its value longer. Is there any good reasons why I should spend the extra money for a 08 instead of going for a 07 model?

I really love the '05 kick, but I would enjoy something that pulls more also on middle-top. Is there a sensible difference between 07 and 08, or they feel pretty much the same? And what about compared with 05?

I'm still not sure because my 05 runs really well, and it would be a bargain for the one who will buy it...

thanks

I know very little, but I would say get the 08. I have the 07 and you need to spend a few hundred US to get the clutch and tranny on par with the 08. 15-20% difference sounds a little high so you should work him a little more on that. Unless there is a rebate on the 07 the dealer cost should be about the same, but I am sure he would take more of a hit on the older bike. Especially since the 09's are going to be out in the next few weeks.

Both models are leftovers, I'm still trading and I haven't decided yet...

thanks

luca

Both models are leftovers, I'm still trading and I haven't decided yet...

thanks

luca

Exactly and that is why you should be able to get a really good deal on the 08 also. It doesnt sound like the deal was very good on the 08. Work him down on the price a little more for the 08

I agree with You the deal with the 08 isn't great. They set a discount of about 15% on the initial price, but I believe they should go more down since they still have quite a lot 08 left in the shop. The main problem now is that it isn't a very good time to sell my 05 model, and I may end up keeping it.

luca

Go 2008. I have the 08, my buddy has the 07. His clutch plates broke twice. He finally put 08 clutch parts in it, no problems since but why deal with it? Plus, wave rotors look cool (2007 does not have them).

I decided to keep my 05. The dealer was out of 07 and he paid too little for my 05 which is actually running great. Just yesterday I checked the valves and they were all spot on after 40+ hours. I will now change piston, cam chain, and take the chance to port the head, but this is a whole different story :thumbsup:

Thanks for Your advices!

luca

go 08 my 07 misses shifts

Where did you get this offer? Snellingen?? What price did you get on the 08? In nkr.

yep, Snellingen. He said 49000 for the 08 and offered 22000 for my 05, too much difference for me. He mentioned prices on the 08 may go down, but maybe is still too soon.

Are You also considering trading in Your bike?

luca

Btw mxnorge sells 09 for 51900, so why not going for the new model then?

luca