RM 125 Gas/Oil and Trans

I've searched the site and it seems like a lot of people run 32:1, but the person I bought the bike from ran 50:1 is that ok to do? Also, is it ok to run Rotella in the tranny?

Thanks

Rotella is fine. 50:1 is not OK. 28-30:1 is the recomended amount. I run 28:1 in my 144. I am completly unclear why people think less oil is better. They make more power with oil. Oil selas rings and that is just for starters...

Yeah, I was actually under the assumption that less oil gives more power, but I don't really know. I know that less oil wears out the piston and rings faster. I'm going to run it at 32:1. I don't know why the other owner ran 50:1

People usually run less oil to get rid of spooge from the exhaust, it works to a point, but in a bike like a 125 more oil is your friend.

I've searched the site and it seems like a lot of people run 32:1, but the person I bought the bike from ran 50:1 is that ok to do? Also, is it ok to run Rotella in the tranny?

Thanks

Always run the manufacturers specs I run 32:1 in my 250. I would run a little richer(28:1 for mx) in a 125 because of the high revs. You can run a leaner mixture if you are running tight woods where the stress on the engine isn't that great. Rotella in the gearbox.... I know some people do run it with great success, but they live in much warmer and drier climates like Arizona and Texas. A good 75 to 80 wt motorcycle gear oil will suffice. To be honest I was thinking of running the rotella in my gear box...... but I can't seem to get away from my Silkolene.

People usually run less oil to get rid of spooge from the exhaust

Great way to kill a motor. Spooge is a jetting issue not an oil in the gas issue.