Sign in to follow this  

better throttle respnse

i just adjusted my fuel screw and the bike has better throttle response at 1/4 throttle ..not great but better and there is no longer popping under deceleration:applause:

should have put a O ring on there too like i did, i turned mine like 2 turns in

Did the o-ring mod on my 04 and didn't notice any difference. Already had a short rivet on the diaphragm.:thumbsup:

is the o-ring mod worth the trouble? and how do i know if my bike needs it?

for the 04-06 bikes you can put an o ring or wire together the AP linkage, and also shave the ap rivet.

on the 07 and 08 bikes, there isn't a rivet and it has different linkage, so no need to change anything. It essentially has the AP mod done to it. I added a Boyesen QS2 to mine. Helped with starting and a bit better response, could get on the gas at lower rpms w/out bog.

Do you need to do the AP mod to your bike? how is the throttle response for you? I would put in a size 40 leak jet if you have problems...

the response was bad before i adjusted the fuel screw now its not too bad but will bog if you get on it too quick.. i have an 07 so i don't need the o-ring.. but how hard would it be to change the leak jet?

should have put a O ring on there too like i did, i turned mine like 2 turns in

I have heard that not all fuel screws are created equal. Some of them have slightly different tapers in the needle, some have anodizing, some dont...and all this effects your settings. Not to mention humidity, temp, elevation, and manufacturing tolerances.

my bike has a popping noise on deceleration to. is that the fuel screw?

if so how far do i turn it and which direction and also where is the fuel screw located?

thanks

i wouldent be the fuel screw, that only effects the mixture at idle, you are probally running lean

hmm i am getting a new mrd pipe within the next few weeks should i wait until i get that to rejet it?

ya wait untill the pipe is on then jet it to perfection with a JD jet kit, you can get them on TT store. if you need any help with jetting you can go to the jetting forum and ask.

i wouldent be the fuel screw, that only effects the mixture at idle, you are probally running lean

Huh? The fuel screw effects idle to nearly quarter throttle, especially deceleration with the throttle closed.

popping on decel is a lean fuel screw setting. Richen it up and it should help with that.

+1 to that!