'05 450 EXC No Spark

Went out to the garage this morning all ready to do a couple of hours riding on my newly acquired '05 450 EXC, engine wouldn't start. Stuck a new plug in the plug boot, no spark. Tried 2 more plugs, no spark. I pulled the seat and tank and checked all the wiring connections, checked the kill button (OK), pulled off the spark plug boot, checked for continuity, it's OK. I'm frustrated by now, button everything up. Hit the starter one last try, engine fires up immediately. ***?? ? Anyone else had this problem and can shed some light on what's going on?

Sounds like wires been loose. The moving around while checking got you a conection. Be sure to go trough the wires again and double check.

Since my initial post, I did just that. Unplugged each and every connection, put on a little dielectric grease and made sure the connection was good and tight, checked the battery connections, put in a new plug, bike runs like a r***d ape, life is good. ?

Just like the others have said, loose connection somewhere that you corrected while looking for it.

One common thing that can happen is the connection between the spark plug cap and the high voltage wire.

You can pull the cap off the wire. Trim 1/8-1/4" off the wire and put the cap back on.

One common thing that can happen is the connection between the spark plug cap and the high voltage wire.

You can pull the cap off the wire. Trim 1/8-1/4" off the wire and put the cap back on.

Did that too, thanks.