Sign in to follow this  

Mixed gas in a thumper

A couple of days ago my brother dumped some mixed gas for a chainsaw into his xr100 :thumbsup:. I didnt find this out until today when I started it and it smoked like crazy. I went to drain the tank but my dad says it'll be fine, it will just smoke a little, but I wasnt sure if there are any ill effects of running it. He dumped about a 1/2 tank full in mixed at 32:1. Will it cause any damage to the engine?

It shouuldn't hurt the engine but could foul the plug with the "Extra" lubrication. If I were you I'd dump the gas and clean or replace the plug and then keep your brother away from the bike!! :thumbsup:

it should be fine, like your dad said it'll just smoke a little for awhile. Ive ran weedeater gas in my lawnmower before. same thing.

Ok. Thanks. I'll just let it in there. The way he rides it though he might foul a plug like Valkrider said. He puts it in 4th gear going at a walking pace. He'll just think he's on a 2t. Maybe I can get a tape recorder and record a 2 stroke, hook it up to some speakers and mount them on his bike :thumbsup:. He'll be the coolest kid on the block.

Its such a small amount of oil...you or the motor never know...better that way than putting straight gas in a 2t..

If it were a 250/450f you would want to drain it asap and get it out of there for the reason that the oil will make the inside of the engine dirty, piston top, combustion chamber, back side of valves, exhaust port, etc. 4 strokes shouldn't have oil going through there.

But since its just a little xr100 it shouldn't hurt much, maybe just foul the plug.

If it were a 250/450f you would want to drain it asap and get it out of there for the reason that the oil will make the inside of the engine dirty, piston top, combustion chamber, back side of valves, exhaust port, etc. 4 strokes shouldn't have oil going through there.

But since its just a little xr100 it shouldn't hurt much, maybe just foul the plug.

Yeah i wasnt sure. I just knew I wouldnt want it in my bike. Its no racer, just a beater so no harm done.

I've ran my XR650L on straight old pre-mix many of times with no problems... It sure smells nice too!