My DS doesn't trigger stop lights

All of the stop lights going to my neighborhood are triggered by magnetics. My WR450 doesn't pack enough metal to trigger the lights. Most of the time it isn't a big deal due to other vehicles on the road but sometimes I am all alone at the light. Most of the time I have to run it.

Hell, I can't even get out of my friend's gated neighborhood. I can't get the gate to open.

Anyone else have this problem with their DS?

All of the stop lights going to my neighborhood are triggered by magnetics. My WR450 doesn't pack enough metal to trigger the lights. Most of the time it isn't a big deal due to other vehicles on the road but sometimes I am all alone at the light. Most of the time I have to run it.

Hell, I can't even get out of my friend's gated neighborhood. I can't get the gate to open.

Anyone else have this problem with their DS?

Not very often but it does happen to me. You can increase your chance of tripping the sensor by where you stop. Also if its a big enough problem then you can try using high powered magnets. See this link.

http://www.wikihow.com/Trigger-Green-Traffic-Lights

Nope, nobody else has that problem. In fact, since it's only you that has this trouble, there definitely won't be a sticky thread right above this one, and the thread that isn't there, certainly won't have tons of advice for helping with this exact problem :thumbsup:

Nope, nobody else has that problem. In fact, since it's only you that has this trouble, there definitely won't be a sticky thread right above this one, and the thread that isn't there, certainly won't have tons of advice for helping with this exact problem :thumbsup:

lol I forgot about the sticky!

Plant your kickstand directly on the metal sensing strip, works like a charm. You can read the sticky for a more in depth analysis of the varying types of sensors.

Awesome.

I guess I need to hone my observations skills. That one is pretty blatant.