Black rims

I really wanted to get black rims. but i have only found ones that are around 350-500 for either the front or back.... there so dam expensive.

anyone know where i can find them for cheaper????

?????

I really wanted to get black rims. but i have only found ones that are around 350-500 for either the front or back.... there so dam expensive.

Watch ebay. I just ordered a set black of Pro wheels with 10 hours, with new tires, rear sprocket, and both brake rotors for about $550. There are new DNA and Warp-9 sets with both front and rear for around 500 for the wheels laced on hubs. I hadn't ever heard of DNA or Warp-9, so I went with the Pro wheels. Another set went the day before for around 400, they weren't quite as new...if you're patient you will find a set.

If you *really* want black and don't want to spend th cash, you *could* get your stock ones powder coated...

There are some at my house. I have a set of stock rims and hubs that have 3 hours ride time on them and I had the rims anodized and they have not been laced up since the anodizing, but would get them professionally laced and sell both the front and rear for $600.

There are some at my house. I have a set of stock rims and hubs that have 3 hours ride time on them and I had the rims anodized and they have not been laced up since the anodizing, but would get them professionally laced and sell both the front and rear for $600.

^^^ that's a pretty good deal...

^^^ that's a pretty good deal...

I may be able to dig up some rotors too; not sure of the condition though. The wheels (rims, spokes hubs and bearings) are like new condition. I just have to take them to the shop to true them up.

Buy some pro wheels and spokes and lace 'em up yourself.

I may be able to dig up some rotors too; not sure of the condition though. The wheels (rims, spokes hubs and bearings) are like new condition. I just have to take them to the shop to true them up.

I wish I'd seen this a week ago:rolleyes: I would have bought these instead of the ebay ones...although I still think I did alright on that set.

Buy some pro wheels and spokes and lace 'em up yourself.

I laced one set and they came out pretty good, I laced another set and not so good. Not sure what the difference was, but if I put the spokes in loosly, the shop will do it for about $60.

You should buy these rims Shiny!

whats the difference in anodizing and power coating?

whats the difference in anodizing and power coating?

i'm not sure but I think anodizing is turing the metal a different color(?), where as powder coat is a certain kind of paint:excuseme:

heres the long one (not really) when you annodize you first clean the service with an acid, the you dip the metal in a sulfuric or equivelent acid and run a certain voltage for it depending on the metal quality....the acid makes it non conductive and puts a hardend survice on it stronger than steel (like powdercoating) this coating is very porous and the object is then dried and washed in cold water....the it is dipped in the die color that is wanted and then the object is boild in water which seals the pores sealing in the die, and hardening the surface....now powder coating is a different story...i think you use leactricity to get the powder on the object and then melt it on....the problem with annodizing is that ot can only be done to alluminum (best) magnesium, (good), and titanium (worst).....the only reason i know all this is because i am going to start annodized soon

so Which holds up better? I have a local shop that said the annodizing is only $20 more for both wheels

google search your area...there may be a powdercoat shop close by that can save you dinero

anodizing will last longer no questions asked

anodizing will last longer no questions asked

fosho