[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Ever seen something like this before?

I was having too much fun chasing llama up a lot of switchbacks ... just barley kicked the ktm into 3rd on a straight and this happened ...

S5002010.jpg

impailed.jpg

thetipofthespear.jpg

Had a hand in cutting the piece of wood out and getting the ktm put back together. Barely missed putting a huge hole in the airbox. I'd have to say my 250 XC-W is the bomb, lol. :thumbsup:

Tell Llamaface, that is a direct result of trails being too tight. We need to get some quads up in that area to "hog em out" a little. :doh::thumbsup::worthy:

:busted::blah::D

Hahaha! That probably don't happen too often....I had a similar stick go through my left gas tank shroud. I don't remember exactly how it was, but it was wedged in there tight. I think it went through my rad guard somehow. I stopped and a showed a few buddies the wedged stick before disassembling the shroud to remove it.

That's a perfect example of why I always wear a chest protector too.....Good pics!

haha thats awesome! were the dints in the pipe before or was that a result of the bike getting impaled by a log?

haha thats awesome! were the dints in the pipe before or was that a result of the bike getting impaled by a log?

Nah ... I'm pretty sure that I already had those before the stick. :thumbsup:

nothing good can come from jousting with dirtbikes...:worthy:

Perhaps not for the riders..........

......but certainly for the spectators! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: eeek, that could have done some damage had it been direct into your leg or something. I take it there was no serious damage to the bike as a result???

I take it there was no serious damage to the bike as a result???

carburetor knocked completely out of the intake manifold. hole in upper airbox (above the filter tho, so no compromise to filtering ability). That's it. Took us about 15 mins to dismantle it enough to get the stick out, clean things out, put the carb back in, and get going again.

I heard tresa coming up behind me, and then heard her bike stop pretty close to where I was, but I was getting the chainsaw off to cut a tree blocking the trail, so I just started the saw and got to work. After I was halfway done cutting the tree out, I stopped the saw to switch sides and make another cut and I hear her yelping for help.

:thumbsup:

carburetor knocked completely out of the intake manifold. hole in upper airbox (above the filter tho, so no compromise to filtering ability). That's it. Took us about 15 mins to dismantle it enough to get the stick out, clean things out, put the carb back in, and get going again.

I heard tresa coming up behind me, and then heard her bike stop pretty close to where I was, but I was getting the chainsaw off to cut a tree blocking the trail, so I just started the saw and got to work. After I was halfway done cutting the tree out, I stopped the saw to switch sides and make another cut and I hear her yelping for help.

Hardly yelping ... I was more laughing than anything else. It was more of a 'you gotta see THIS' kinda holler.

I saw something like it back in the 70's. It was a KX 250...maybe a 1974 model. It had been used and was for sale very cheap. The rear fender had a hole in it, but the bike was in excellent shape.

The story was the stick that went through the fender and into the back of the riders neck. He died a short time later. I remember being a 9 year old kid hearing the shop owner tell my dad the story.

Obviously, he bought the bike..it was a good deal.