Sign in to follow this  

Can't miss D36 enduros in 09?

Well if they keep Clear Creek closed there won't be a Wild Boar. For me it would be the Fools Gold for sure, and then the 49er and Wild Horse.

My picks would be Wild Boar, Sawmill, Fools Gold, Jackhammer and WFO.

If the moisture conditions are good then any event on the schedule is going to be good.

OK. Thanks for the suggestions. When do they post the 09 schedule? I need to put these on my calendar and get my kitchen passes submited.

You probably will not see next year's schedule until December sometime. That's usually when they release it.

Quicksilver, Wild Boar, and the Willd Horse.:thumbsup:

I would agree on the Quicksilver and Wild Boar if Clear Creek was open so they could have them there, but that won't be the case for 09. In fact there wasn't even a Quicksilver this year because they didn't get a National and I guess decided not to do a lowly D36 enduro.

The 08 season isn't over yet. You should try to make it to the fall enduros this year.

The 08 season isn't over yet. You should try to make it to the fall enduros this year.

This fall is no good for me to come up and ride D36 stuff. I'm riding both the National Enduros in October. I'm also the loop captain for my club's D37 enduro in November which is going to eat up a bunch of weekends this fall as well.

Next year I'm only riding time keepers and qualifers. Between D37, D36, the two National Enduros that come this far west, the Tecate Qualifier (if it happens), and the Idaho ISDE Qualifier, I figure a guy can average one race a month and never have to do a mass start race.

That's the plan anyway.

It will be intresting to see what Nationals hit the west coast next year. I doubt the same events will be on the '09 schedule.

TC, where is the enduro you're working on?

This fall is no good for me to come up and ride D36 stuff. I'm riding both the National Enduros in October ..............

Well if you're doing the October Nationals you'll be riding the Wild Horse October 12th in Nevada, a D36 event. That is usually one tough enduro, with some really great Northern Nevada terrain. Hope to see you there. :thumbsup:

OK. Thanks for the suggestions. When do they post the 09 schedule? I need to put these on my calendar and get my kitchen passes submited.

D36 has their sanction meeting the 2nd saturday in december and pick all 2009 dates then. The schedule is ussually posted within the next week to ten days.

Kraig Traum

D36 Enduro Steward

It will be intresting to see what Nationals hit the west coast next year. I doubt the same events will be on the '09 schedule.

TC, where is the enduro you're working on?

Man, that would be a real bummer. I was hoping that we could build on these two nationals and maybe get a third or a fourth West coast national and eventually have a split series like they do for the National Hare Scramble series. I believe there are a lot of A level ammie riders like me on the west coast who don't want to race in mass start races anymore, but still want to compete on tough courses in a safe format (safer than H&H and BITD which, if you've paid any attention in the last couple of years, has seen a lot of big crashes and life changing injuries).

The enduro I'm working on is the Four Aces Burro Enduro, a time keeper in AMA D37 and the last round of our Enduro Series. It will be staged out of Means Dry Lake in the JVOHV area. The second loop is all rocks and single track. I love the loop so much it's become my standard "you want to see where real riders go when they ride the desert?" ride. In fact, I'm resisting the urge not to use it and keep it for myself. :thumbsup:

Well if you're doing the October Nationals you'll be riding the Wild Horse October 12th in Nevada, a D36 event. That is usually one tough enduro, with some really great Northern Nevada terrain. Hope to see you there. :thumbsup:

Oh ok great. I already pre-entered the Az. round and have been looking/waiting for the flier for the NV round to pop up somewhere.

I'm looking forward to both races for sure!

D36 has their sanction meeting the 2nd saturday in december and pick all 2009 dates then. The schedule is ussually posted within the next week to ten days.

Kraig Traum

D36 Enduro Steward

Perfect. I'll be waiting with my kitchen pass applications.

Oh ok great. I already pre-entered the Az. round and have been looking/waiting for the flier for the NV round to pop up somewhere.

I'm looking forward to both races for sure!

A couple below this is "Wild Horse-Jackhammer-Cowbell Enduros" and the links to the fliers.

Thanks

Kraig Traum

D36 Enduro Steward

The second loop is all rocks and single track. I love the loop so much it's become my standard "you want to see where real riders go when they ride the desert?" ride. In fact, I'm resisting the urge not to use it and keep it for myself. :thumbsup:

If this year's Wild Horse Enduro is anything like last year's then you'll dig it. ....or you'll change your mind about loving rocky, technical, single-track trails. Last year's event was an azz-kicker, ....and it wasn't a National. I'd expect it to be even tougher this year. I hope you're in shape.

If this year's Wild Horse Enduro is anything like last year's then you'll dig it. ....or you'll change your mind about loving rocky, technical, single-track trails. Last year's event was an azz-kicker, ....and it wasn't a National. I'd expect it to be even tougher this year. I hope you're in shape.

All we have to ride is rocks in D37. Rocks and sand is our roots and mud... Looking forward to riding your rocks!

Man, that would be a real bummer. I was hoping that we could build on these two nationals and maybe get a third or a fourth West coast national and eventually have a split series like they do for the National Hare Scramble series. I believe there are a lot of A level ammie riders like me on the west coast who don't want to race in mass start races anymore, but still want to compete on tough courses in a safe format (safer than H&H and BITD which, if you've paid any attention in the last couple of years, has seen a lot of big crashes and life changing injuries).

The enduro I'm working on is the Four Aces Burro Enduro, a time keeper in AMA D37 and the last round of our Enduro Series. It will be staged out of Means Dry Lake in the JVOHV area. The second loop is all rocks and single track. I love the loop so much it's become my standard "you want to see where real riders go when they ride the desert?" ride. In fact, I'm resisting the urge not to use it and keep it for myself. :thumbsup:

Hmmm… my wife has taken to reading TT and worse, the District message boards. She’s not really digging all of the injury threads floating around right now (some serious ones too)… She hates motorcycles enough as it is!

I’ve been interested in checking out enduros, but SO CAL is not an enduro club so…

I’ve been interested in checking out enduros, but SO CAL is not an enduro club so…

You don't have to be in an enduro club to ride enduros. I'm sure So Cal MC has several members who regularly race D37 enduros. If you want to come out and try TWMC this fall, and you can't find some folks from your club to ride it with, you are welcome to get on a minute with some Four Aces. But I'd be willing to bet that there are several So Cal members racing D37 enduros.