2005 KX65 Wheel Bearings

Ok, I am putting new sprockets, chains etc. on my sons 2005 KX65, I want to go ahead and replace the wheel bearings while I am at it. It has NGK bearings in it and when I call the local bearing shop they tell me they can not cross reference the number, that I have to go to the dealer to get them?

Is this true, I used to always get my bearings cheaper through a bearing shop.

The NGK part number is BE3231E

I am going to replace the steering stem bearing also, will I have the same troubles with it?

If you take them to the bearing dealer they can measure them up and cross reference if the numbers aren't working for you.

Are you giving him the number on the shield or on the bearing itself (the metal part)?

You can just bring one to Napa and have it cross referenced. Worse comes to worse, they can measure it out.

Post up the new brand and part number for others.

I researched a bit from the year/model. You have a 62012RS which is 32mm in diameter; 10mm wide and has a 12mm bore for the axle. The RS stands for Rubber Shield or something like that.

Front and rears are the same.

Here's 10 of them for $25.

Awesome thanks. I do have a nother question, the chart says they are for a 2000 - 2001 bike, are you sure the 2005 has the same size?

Awesome thanks. I do have a nother question, the chart says they are for a 2000 - 2001 bike, are you sure the 2005 has the same size?

Are the measurements the same as the 6201 I posted?

the hubs haven't changed yet on a KX65 since it's conception in 2000 - actually - only a few things have changed on the bike, but wheels isn't on that list.

Are the measurements the same as the 6201 I posted?

I imagine they are the same Jeekinz, I will double check when I get them out. I did call the local bearing shop with the KTM number and they were like come on down, I have a bunch. Double rubber sealed, $10.00

There are two different bearings. Ron Ayers has them for $10.something and $11.something, so that doesn't sound like too much difference.

There are two different bearings. Ron Ayers has them for $10.something and $11.something, so that doesn't sound like too much difference.

What do you mean two different bearings? Are there two as in fron wheel back wheel or as is the back takes two different bearings? Or just two different options as to what kind of bearing you want?

Does anyone have a micro fiche of it?

bearings are the same on both front and back wheel, from 00-09

if you want good bearings buy MSR bearings part number 41-3624

unless your have talon or rad hubs then bearings are different

bearings are the same on both front and back wheel, from 00-09

if you want good bearings buy MSR bearings part number 41-3624

unless your have talon or rad hubs then bearings are different

Who makes them for MSR?

Moser

Constructed from the finest materials, these axle bearings are designed to protect your axles from wear and tear. With Moser, you can be sure you're getting a quality product made to the highest standards

MSR only uses the best when re-selling something under there name

like Regina chains, and Galfer Wave Rotors,

all can be bought under the MSR name usually cheaper then the name brand itself and they are 100% the same product :thumbsup:

Ok, does anyone know exactly what size the steering stem nut is? The one to get the triple clamp off. I measured 1.177" or 29.91 mm with my micrometer. I think this converts to 1 3/16" anyone know for sure?

30mm or 1 3/16th

I just use slip joint pliers on them.