Sign in to follow this  

Great day at Gopher Dunes with the kids

Went to Gopher dunes on sunday with the kids and few friends. the weather was great and alot of people out riding. Frank the owner is a great guy and makes sure you are having a good time. it was our secound time there but first time for the kids. The peewee track is for under 80cc bikes but because the boys where still learning and had never been on a track before Frank let them go and try it out. here is a few pics of our day.

Loading up

The yz 125 is a 86, it was stored and didn't run for 13 years. The owner and I rebuilt it and he has more time it now then when he got it years ago as a kid.

HPIM2538.jpg

HPIM2540.jpg

getting ready to ride

HPIM2542.jpg

HPIM2543.jpg

kids on the track

HPIM2548.jpg

HPIM2549.jpg

HPIM2559.jpg

HPIM2561.jpg

the 4 of use ready to hit the trails and track

HPIM2566.jpg

couple friends showed up to ride, This is how they get there bikes around lol

HPIM2567.jpg

HPIM2570.jpg

the boys taking a nap after riding hard the last 4 hours lol

HPIM2576.jpg

going to try out the big boys track

HPIM2577.jpg

HPIM2587.jpg

HPIM2591.jpg

couple shots of the good riders lol

HPIM2600.jpg

HPIM2596.jpg

HPIM2593.jpg

After riding from 11am to 8pm we where ready to head home. Gopher dunes is a great place and we will be going back may more times in the future.

any one know when the next CMRC race at gopher is?? i missed all of them so far this year:foul:

Nice were going there this weekend (labour day weekend). MY ktm my bros rm125 a 400ex 558preditor and cr 80

We may be out again the same weekend, I would like the boy to get a few more rides in before school.

Chris

I clicked the thread thinking there was gonna be pics of some sweet dunes:(

Anyway, that track looks cool.

was this sunday?

i was there :thumbsup:

love the new changes the track is soo sick now

Ive always wanted to go to gopher dunes... what other good tracks are in the Toronto/ Whitby area?

Where exactly is gopher dunes? I've heard a bunch of my buddies talking about it and i want to go there sometime.

Cool day Sluggo!

We're racing at GD on Monday, personally, I don't like the track that much - haven't seen the changes they've made but to me it wouldn't matter, it's the dirt I don't like, only good thing about it is if you get tossed it's like landing on a bed!

Hopefully my kid will keep up his momentum from Motopark this weekend although he's one of the many walking wounded right now - seems nobody gets out of Motopark unscathed!!!!

was this sunday?

i was there :thumbsup:

love the new changes the track is soo sick now

Yes it was sunday, I like the changes as well even though I still suck on the track no matter what they do to it. There was a young hottie there sunday on a yz 125 and she kicked our butts out there.

Hey Matt are you talking the holiday monday? I need to get out there on a race day and watch. Anyone that hasn't been there should go check it out for a day. The sand is hard to ride in and some don't like it. I didn't like it the first time but after a couple times it does get better. If nothing else you can ride the trails which are cool and the owners are great to talk to.

cr85_supermini03 I will drop you a pm a few days before we are planning on heading out.

Yes it was sunday, I like the changes as well even though I still suck on the track no matter what they do to it. There was a young hottie there sunday on a yz 125 and she kicked our butts out there.

Hey Matt are you talking the holiday monday? I need to get out there on a race day and watch. Anyone that hasn't been there should go check it out for a day. The sand is hard to ride in and some don't like it. I didn't like it the first time but after a couple times it does get better. If nothing else you can ride the trails which are cool and the owners are great to talk to.

cr85_supermini03 I will drop you a pm a few days before we are planning on heading out.

haha yea man that chick was that the pit last time we went there shes pretty good

pm we too :thumbsup: supermini is a poo stick

haha yea man that chick was that the pit last time we went there shes pretty good

pm we too :thumbsup: supermini is a poo stick

Ya she has only been riding for 3 years, we helped her load her bike onto the trailer so we chatted for a min.

How about a bunch of us from here (Thumpertalk) plan a day to meet at Gopher dunes. Would be cool to meet some of the guys that help out alot here and put a face to the names. let me know what ya think?

Ya she has only been riding for 3 years, we helped her load her bike onto the trailer so we chatted for a min.

How about a bunch of us from here (Thumpertalk) plan a day to meet at Gopher dunes. Would be cool to meet some of the guys that help out alot here and put a face to the names. let me know what ya think?

yea i guess so not this week or weekend tho im busy with racing and other stuff

does anyone know that chick that was there with the tripod taking pictures?

yea i guess so not this week or weekend tho im busy with racing and other stuff

does anyone know that chick that was there with the tripod taking pictures?

No but i was scared as hell that she was going to get smoked on that corner. Where you riding the white yamaha with no decals?? If so you where very fast!!!! i still can't get over how fast you guys go over them woops on the front side of the track before the corner where that chick was taking pic's.

the rm250 in the back of the van....was that guy recently selling it on Kijiji? or recently bought it? I was inquiring about one just like it for sale a couple weeks ago

the rm250 in the back of the van....was that guy recently selling it on Kijiji? or recently bought it? I was inquiring about one just like it for sale a couple weeks ago

Yes he just bought it from Kijiji 2 days before the pic's. It was a great bike, I took it for a good rip hehehe.

Chris

No but i was scared as hell that she was going to get smoked on that corner. Where you riding the white yamaha with no decals?? If so you where very fast!!!! i still can't get over how fast you guys go over them woops on the front side of the track before the corner where that chick was taking pic's.

thats me :thumbsup:

the kid on the white bike has nos in his airbox :thumbsup: