Sign in to follow this  

New SPY Photos - KTM WP Dual Chamber PHASE 4

KTM WP 48mm Dual Chamber PHASE 4 with factory bladder system, first prototype, departs for Texas today, MX and Off-Road testing. :worthy:

Kit includes M6x.5 die, 13mm spanner wrench, four vials of 215.VM2.K5...and a SMART Performance cup holder (assuming it will as smooth as the KYB USD PHASE 4). :busted:

Should be about $260...or less. Fairly easy to install. Very tunable.

KTMWPTCSPY.jpg

:thumbsup:

would this system work with an Ohlins shock (Balance/Feel)? Or are you working on a system for both ends? Looking forward to some feedback on the MX testing.

Where are they testing in TEXAS?

Hummm, I can't wait! Thanks Dave.

Don

this must be like the great pumkin rising out of the patch on halloween night for you lew:busted:

just shows to go ya;even the redheaded stepchildren get thrown a crust every now and again:applause:

alright dave,we need the total package for the jap tc's;can't be havin' the patch ahead in technology!

just shows to go ya;even the redheaded stepchildren get thrown a crust every now and again:applause:

Hey be careful, I resemble that comment! :thumbsup::worthy:

100_0255.jpg

i still can't believe that the mid still moves with such fat springs... :thumbsup:

i still can't believe that the mid still moves with such fat springs... :thumbsup:

It actually moves too easily. I have to pre-load the **** out of it to keep it from blowing off too soon.

I'm fairly sure the spring I'm running on the open bath set-up (different than the one above) is going to be too soft, but the latest round of testing should help.

Rather big comp ports at the basevalve?! The idea behind it is?

Rather big comp ports at the basevalve?! The idea behind it is?

Um...what do you mean?

So what's the good word on these Dave?

I'll shoot you a call tomorrow (Tuesday) sometime. I have a different address for you to send my forks to, if you haven't got them out yet.

Okay...just a quick update.

A second set of the dual chamber Big Macs went out the other day, and will go straight into competition this weekend (Wisconsin).

I think I learned that the base stacks were way too aggressive on the first design/build, and that I ran the bladder pressures up too high as well, (main complaint was with the big rolling braking bumps).

So...we'll see how this next set-up does.

It was very different building the second set. Once I had all the parts machined and laid out in front of me, (which took forever) the installation was a breeze. It's a really cool kit! Even I’m amazed at how well it has turned out.

Other than that, I think I need to add the mid/rebound valve collar install tool to the kit, in addition to the die and 13mm spanner. These three tools, as I have found, are absolutely necessary.

So at this stage I think I have enough details and info to go into production with them, so we should have them in about two weeks. The open bath should be happening alongside this as well.

More to come and as soon as I hear from the tests this weekend I’ll let you know (or perhaps he will report directly).

Onward!

The 09 OC forks have the same dimensions now (smaller cartridge diameter than 08) and use the same parts (base-, MV pistons) as the the WP TC forks. So the parts of the TC BigMacs should switch right over to the 09 OC forks.

Some words on the TC bladder pressure. Those forks, like the Showa TCs, do cycle oil through the cartridge. Nevertheless as the blow of pressure (unlikely the Showa where the volume is fixed) is a fixed value, the oil getting added to the cartridge will raise bladder pressure untill the blow off threshold is reached. So even if you start with a low bladder pressure it will eventually raise. Just my 2 cent.

Michael

So what's the good word on these Dave?

I'll shoot you a call tomorrow (Tuesday) sometime. I have a different address for you to send my forks to, if you haven't got them out yet.

Ah...I didn't see Troy's post - he's the one testing the second set this weekend.

The 09 OC forks have the same dimensions now (smaller cartridge diameter than 08) and use the same parts (base-, MV pistons) as the the WP TC forks. So the parts of the TC BigMacs should switch right over to the 09 OC forks.

Some words on the TC bladder pressure. Those forks, like the Showa TCs, do cycle oil through the cartridge. Nevertheless as the blow of pressure (unlikely the Showa where the volume is fixed) is a fixed value, the oil getting added to the cartridge will raise bladder pressure untill the blow off threshold is reached. So even if you start with a low bladder pressure it will eventually raise. Just my 2 cent.

Michael

That's good info.

Ya know, I have to say that I'm not a big fan of bladders. Just my two cents.

And...I also wonder if the exchange in the WPs can be managed or eliminated like they can with the SHOWA and KYBs....?? :thumbsup:

this must be like the great pumkin rising out of the patch on halloween night for you lew:busted:

alright dave,we need the total package for the jap tc's;can't be havin' the patch ahead in technology!

This is good, good stuff here:worthy:

Here is the current build that we used in Troy's bike.

Based on initial reviews, it sounds like we worked out the bugs we had from the first build.

More to come.

KTMDUALPHASE4-2.jpg

:excuseme: