Sign in to follow this  

New SPY Photos - KTM WP Dual Chamber PHASE 4

dave on a side note, where on earth did ktm get the idea to use all those 0.15s on the std base valve? madness?? i do actually like the fork to work on, very easy and quick.

dave on a side note, where on earth did ktm get the idea to use all those 0.15s on the std base valve? madness?? i do actually like the fork to work on, very easy and quick.

Yea....that's what I was thinking. These forks are way out of whack when it comes to balancing forces between the base and the mid.

I learned my lesson on this next build to pull those out and put in something much softer.

But overall, I like working on these forks.

There is good news and there is bad news...

The good news is that I rode a ton on Friday for the practice and after talking with Dave, we figured out what I needed to change for the race on Saturday.

The bad news is that it rained like a son of a gun Friday evening and all throughout Saturday. The 4th and final round of the RacerX Vet Series was going to be another mudfest. I took the bike out for two laps of practice and abused the clutch on my 144. No way was I going to race that bike. I wouldn't have learned anything about the forks in that slop, and all I would have accomplished was fried my clutch.

I ended up racing my 450 instead.

Beginning of the first lap.

r10.jpg Photo by Dave Hollub

After the one and only moto of the day.

IMG_4762.jpg Photo by Ross Fredrick

This wasn't me, but this is what the track was like.

r9.jpg Photo by Dave Hollub

Friday went great though.

tf3.jpg Photo by Dave Hollub

tf2.jpg Photo by Dave Hollub

Amen.

:drool

:D

Actually I just had my 525sx(03) to test my new baja designs lighting (finally had time to install) out on the trails yesterday after noon. We are under water down here due to all the rain but on the 525 it was "FUN!!" FUN!! That thing just rips through anything!

I love my KTM:ride:

Amen.

:drool

:D

Well...whenever you're ready. :worthy:

BTW - what's up with your KYB PHASE 4s?

Taking those .15's out has been pretty standard since they first started using them for me too:thumbsup:

doc

Taking those .15's out has been pretty standard since they first started using them for me too:thumbsup:

doc

Well Mog you got your wish. The 09 SX250 is running .1s :D

But! They are using a preload ring to preload the stack about in the 10th position..

LOL ktm cant just do what everyone else does, bet they use about 30 face shims as well :D

Very old post here, but anyone running these here lately? Any feed back and is this setup dialed in?:smashpc:

jw

I had my 11 ktm 350sxf done by Dave last week. Im sure things have changed since 2008. I have the deltaco phase 4 set up for moto. Ive ridden it twice only but so far im impressed. I was a bit skeptical because its so different internally than stock kyb,wp or showa. After one lap on the bike I was able to pick up my speed and got faster as I rode it. The fork action is plush but does not bottom it has a different feel the standard revalve it stays high in the stroke and progressively tightens as you blow into the stroke. The slap down landing are a thing of the past, before I worried I was literally going to break a rim or do some damage to my forks the way they bottomed over everything and that was even with very stiff springs installed. The smart performance suspension is different but it works very well. Its a little on the plush side for me so im going to have Dave stiffen both ends up more.. I think after that it will be some of the best suspension ive tried. Once I get it stiffened up I will do a review on it. Its 100 times better than it was and im really excited to see how it is when its a bit stiffer. The set up he did I bet most people would love it its very plush and does not bottom I personally like it on the stiffer side for confidence tho and its an easy fix. Getting it done in the next couple weeks its fine right now and will give me more time to weed out anything I dont like to let him know.