Sign in to follow this  

Went to Sandhill on Sunday---What a disappointment!

This place needs some serious help. I felt like I got ripped off once I left

Sandhill. I should have put some slicks on the old YZ450, because that dirt

looked like it hadn't been tilled for about a year. It is almost all hard pack out

there. The jumps are not spaced out correctly either. Some jumps you'll have

to really get on the throttle to clear, others shoot you straight up and you

can clear the tiny landing by a few yards. I also like how it takes them 1.5

hours to water.

And where the hell are the flaggers???? I was taking a break in the old bus

having a drink of water, watching the track, when I see this guy swap and fall

pretty hard at the end of one of the downhills. He has rolled off the track (in

pain I'm sure) and his bike is in the middle of the track on the landing of a

small step down. Rider after rider narrowly miss landing on his bike. My

stomach is in knots and I can't do anything about it because I'm so far away.

Finally, some poor rider lands on his bike and goes over the handlebars. No

ambulances or helicopters came, so I don't think anyone was seriously injured.

It could have been much worse.

It's too bad because the Bay Area has such a limited selection of tracks.

Yeah........Sandhill blows.

Too bad, it has potential.

Ever since they re-opened years ago, it has sucked balls.

I agree about the jump spacing, it looks like somebody with absolutely no MX riding experience or no experience operator a dozer went out there and built the jumps.

You would think there would be a handful of flaggers watching the track every second of the day, ever since that guy plowed into the water truck a few years back and sued the place.

Who knows. It looks like that place is run by a bunch of people from that movie "The Hills Have Eyes".

I thought in order to have fun at Sand Hill you had to be drunk spinning donuts on a quad in the middle of the campers.

You would think there would be a handful of flaggers watching the track every second of the day, ever since that guy plowed into the water truck a few years back and sued the place.

Yeah... I didn't know track owners had the option to use flaggers. They prevent

so many accidents, I would think it would be a decent investment to have a

few people sit out there all day at $10/hour?

I thought in order to have fun at Sand Hill you had to be drunk spinning donuts on a quad in the middle of the campers.

Ha ha! Is this referring to a story? Care to share it with us?

LOL, I was going to go to sandhill so I did a post for info and was told if I dont like doing drunkin donuts on a quad in the parking lot, I wouldent like the place. Well I like drinking but dont have a quad, darn the luck.

Last time I was at Forest hill it was a blast but that was a few years ago. I have read things are not the same. Is trail 6 still hard?

I don't know Bob, ya know I don't think Sandhill even allows quads.

It's just an MX track, no trails. At one time they did have a supercross track, but that didn't go over very well. :thumbsup:

BB is probably refering to Sand Mountain in Nevada.

a more ghetto version of Glamis.

:worthy::blah::busted:

Glamis is ghetto! :thumbsup:

ClubMoto is better soil and better prepped but is twice as far for me.

If you call the rangers at Carnigie and confirm they prepped the track ( supposed to be every Thursday) it can be fun to ride.

It's true Sandhill is not the best soil or prep but they are still open. I just hope they don't shut down; they are only about 15 - 20 minutes from my house so I go there several times a year just to have a place to ride.

Other Tracks:

HangTown - Sacramento

Marysville

Argile Park -Dixon Highway 113 *hear it's been good lately

Sounds like that norcal guy is a big whiny girl. flaggers we dont need no stinkin flaggers. Hey when we gonna get some precipatation around here. Im gettin tired of these moto tracks and am lookin forward to an 80 mile day, Or at least the start of the Cross Country series so I can prove how slow I am.

I am shocked that Sandhill opened already. They closed down a few months ago due to water well issues. I think the track is sick in the winter time. We went in Jan or Feb this year. They had one hell of a turn out. As many if not more than a big weekend at Sac Raceway. Still don't understand how Sac gets that many to show???

If you want a well groomed track hit up Club Moto or Argyll both ran by Mike Sexton or affectionally known as "the motogod" even though he hates that moniker

• Like 1

so whats the next best option out of northern cali?

The E-Street track in Marysville is awesome if you've got some sand riding skills.

Riverfront Park in Marysville can be fun, but it's a predictable layout with smaller jumps. They have a 2nd track in back that can be fun.

Hangtown can be good depending on the prep and how well the track holds up during the day.

Honey Lake is a true motocross track that is F:censored: cking awesome.

Sounds like that norcal guy is a big whiny girl. flaggers we dont need no stinkin flaggers. Hey when we gonna get some precipatation around here. Im gettin tired of these moto tracks and am lookin forward to an 80 mile day, Or at least the start of the Cross Country series so I can prove how slow I am.

Ha ha... I'll take you on a 80 mile loop up north and we'll see who the whiny girl

is. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, I have been hurtin so bad for a nice trail ride. This motocross

stuff gets old after a while. Too bad it is suppose to be 105 tomorrow.:worthy:

I'd be down for a quick run at Foresthill on Sat or Sun. Who is up for a 8 am

stage at China Wall? I think we should do loop 5 then back to loop 6 in both

directions then be out of there by noon before the heat and knuckleheads

roll in. That should be about 40-50 miles...I think.

Any takers?

• Like 1

Sick with the Delta Funk (Sunday 8/17/08 - inhaled full lungs of Delta water while jet skiing - finally got anti-biotics Monday night for lung infection) and sister's family is coming to town Labor Day Weekend.

No riding for me for at least a couple weeks.

Seriously though, I have been hurtin so bad for a nice trail ride. This motocross

stuff gets old after a while.

I hear ya. I mostly rode trails for years and years, then I started to ride tracks more often. But even with the selection of tracks we have around here, it does get boring.

I'll take a long trail ride through the mountains any day over riding a track.

Sick with the Delta Funk (Sunday 8/17/08 - inhaled full lungs of Delta water while jet skiing - finally got anti-biotics Monday night for lung infection) and sister's family is coming to town Labor Day Weekend.

No riding for me for at least a couple weeks.

Ouch. I live on the delta and have never heard of anything like that.

I like sandhill in the winter. I do ride there every so often in the summer because its close and any day riding is better than any day at work. Also any motocross guys looking to cross train go try out the tt on friday night at sand hill. You will be amazed on how much your corner speed picks up.

As of late I have been riding alot at club moto and argyll. They are always changing the tracks and have fun layouts. E street in marsyville is one of my favorite tracks. I love the sand but its about 2 hours from me.