Sign in to follow this  

Happy New Owner

Hello!

Today I just purchased a 2008 CRF250R, to finally replace my worn out 2001 YZ250F.

I have read up on here a bit, and it sounds like the first thing to do is the decomp fix, and the QuickShot AP cover.

Any other important first mods?

(I already know about suspension work and seat time, im not new to the forums, just to the CRF. :thumbsup: )

Hello!

Today I just purchased a 2008 CRF250R, to finally replace my worn out 2001 YZ250F.

I have read up on here a bit, and it sounds like the first thing to do is the decomp fix, and the QuickShot AP cover.

Any other important first mods?

(I already know about suspension work and seat time, im not new to the forums, just to the CRF. :thumbsup: )

I would not buy the Boyesen QS 2. I purchased it and it did absolutely nothing, as it did with many others. One first mod should definitely be the o-ring mod. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624773&highlight=o-ring+mod I did this and at first it did seem to help, but once I rode it helped noticeably.

I would not buy the Boyesen QS 2. I purchased it and it did absolutely nothing, as it did with many others. One first mod should definitely be the o-ring mod. http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=624773&highlight=o-ring+mod I did this and at first it did seem to help, but once I rode it helped noticeably.

FYI......the QS did help with my bike. It is not going to give more power, just a little help with a bog issue on some (this apparently was not an issue on all bikes) bikes when you hit the throttle hard off a jump or out of a corner when the RPM's are low and you give it a fist full of throttle.

FYI......the QS did help with my bike. It is not going to give more power, just a little help with a bog issue on some (this apparently was not an issue on all bikes) bikes when you hit the throttle hard off a jump or out of a corner when the RPM's are low and you give it a fist full of throttle.

I know that is it supposed to help with bog not power. I noticed no difference in bog when I put it on. I think and aftermarket exhaust system is the best way to get rid of bog...

Thanks for the info guys. Ill ride my bike as-is for a bit and determine what issues I am really having before I go wrenching.

Coming from the 01 yz250f it may be hard for me to find a fault with this new bike.

put a good 0 ring chain on, the stock sunstar will last 3 times longer...simply put...the stock chain sucks balls

i did that too and it kinda helped, but not much, what did you do to your fuel screw

put a good 0 ring chain on, the stock sunstar will last 3 times longer...simply put...the stock chain sucks balls

I personally don't like o-ring chains, I run the DID 520 ERT2 Gold Chain and it's very good. Only chain I run.

Thanks for the info guys. Ill ride my bike as-is for a bit and determine what issues I am really having before I go wrenching.

Coming from the 01 yz250f it may be hard for me to find a fault with this new bike.

Those bikes had some good power, but the handling was not so good. I think you will like the new bike.

I say et some unbreakable levers, Your going to lay it down - sorry to bum you out, and levers can add up.

Good idea. I just bought me some ASV's for $35 a piece. I would recommend buying them refurbished from ASV's eBay site here. I got my clutch perch and lever and brake lever for $70 total instead of the normal $200! The say the can be scratched, marks from bending and ect. but when I got mine, they literally look brand spankin' new!

wait untill you break the stock ones, then get asv's.......thats how i role

Hey

Chevy74. I have some carb issues, that O-ring mod sounds great, but I have an 07 250r, will it still work? It says not FCR carbs. Idk... Thanks

Why an O-Ring chain??? A DID or an ERT non O-ring will do just fine. Screw that O-Ring crap.

oww and be sure to blow atleast $800 on a pair of aftermarket duals, that will greatly reduce you lap time, :thumbsup::lol::lol:jk

The 07-08's have the new AP linkage.no need for the AP mod.If you have a bog look else where.

My bad, I forgot :thumbsup:

Why an O-Ring chain??? A DID or an ERT non O-ring will do just fine. Screw that O-Ring crap.

How long do you suppose your ERT chain last before you tighten it after every ride ? I get about 1 season out of them.Switched all bikes to the DID T-ring narrow chain with no spacer needed.Never have to adjust after first initial

stretch.The stock T-ring chain on the 06 250X is still on there with same sprockets.