Need Help.. '92 Husky 610 Te running rich

Hey, i have a 92 610 Te that is running too rich, or so i believe. I was wondering if anyone has the carb specs so i can adjust it and get it running smoothly. As of now it is a pain in the ass to start, i purchased about two weeks ago and was only able to take for one joy ride (after countless tries of trying to get it to kick over). Put in a new spark, took the carb apart looking for dirt and such, so far have found nothing. Got it to finally start but the idle wasnt strong enough for it to run with out me keeping the revs high. Any feedback is awesome, as well as if anyone can help track down a shop manual for the bike which i have found to be almost impossible.

After fooling with the carb further i got the bike started again and was able to set the idle so i didnt have to hold the throttle at all, but of course had more problems arise. Once it started to heat up, found a nice water leak which was an easy enough fix, and now it is super smokey. I think it is still running too rich and that is the cause but i cant be certain. After i let it cool off a bit, went to kick it up again and it wouldnt turn over, i am sure if i emptied the carb again and took out the spark and cleared the cylinder i could maybe get her started once more. Any ways, once again hope someone has maybe gone through this in the past with their husky and can atleast point me in the right direction. I am thinking i might have to crack into the head, which is something i really dont even want to get into.

Thanks for any help.

Colin

Make sure the choke works properly and the bottom rubber seal is still soft and does not have a divot,they can be turned over if bad,they should need choke to start when cold.

True, I have to play with mine (94 610) when cold...turn it on, kick, if it doesn't start first kick, turn it off, kick again, if it pops keep kicking, if not, turn it back on, etc...usually starts after 3 kicks.

Make sure the choke works properly and the bottom rubber seal is still soft and does not have a divot,they can be turned over if bad,they should need choke to start when cold.

Thank you guys, i will go and play with the choke here in a little bit. Which bottom rubber seal do you mean? The one that connects the carb to the head??

Also, do any of you have any idea about the smoke? It doesnt smell like oil but it was sure coming out thick, made her look like a 2 stroke or something.

Thank you guys, i will go and play with the choke here in a little bit. Which bottom rubber seal do you mean? The one that connects the carb to the head??

Also, do any of you have any idea about the smoke? It doesnt smell like oil but it was sure coming out thick, made her look like a 2 stroke or something.

Has it been sitting for a while prior to you buying/starting it? Old gas in the tank/carb although you said you cleaned the carb...pre-mix maybe ? I started up a couple quads for the weekend that've been sitting since Memorial weekend. They smoked like crazy...stopped after they warmed up!

Ya i thought it would stop once i warmed her up too, but the smoke just kept coming. I dont think it had been sitting when i got it, i test drove her and she was great and even filled up the tank the one time i drove it out on the roads in town so the gas is new.

It wasnt smoking when i drove her the first two times, and i dont know what has changed since i hit the kill switch after my last ride. (besides having to weld together an exhaust bracket which had cracked off).

Which bottom rubber seal do you mean?

There is a rubber seal at the bottom of the "plunger" in the choke mechanism on the carb. Follow the choke cable and you'll find it...

Check your PMs, I can e-mail you a PDF shop manual.

My old '91 610wxe starts first or second kick if I remember to turn off the gas when stopped for any length of time. If I forget it wants to flood. Maybe a float or needle seat issue.

Haven't been on it since the ice this winter, (and picking up a GasGas 250) but I still fire it up once in a while just to see if it will start. Fires right up.

Ya i thought it would stop once i warmed her up too, but the smoke just kept coming. I dont think it had been sitting when i got it, i test drove her and she was great and even filled up the tank the one time i drove it out on the roads in town so the gas is new.

It wasnt smoking when i drove her the first two times, and i dont know what has changed since i hit the kill switch after my last ride. (besides having to weld together an exhaust bracket which had cracked off).

4 SMOKER ?

Ya seriously the smoke is actually the last of my worries. I still dont know. luckily i have tomorrow off and am going to be able to wrench a bit. Thanks to rpduc i now have the full shop manual and am not too scared to get my hands dirty. I took the carb apart today and cleaned every jet, bell and whistle on the thing, of course the first test the float never shut off and it leaked. But that was easily fixed. So back to the drawing board.?