Sign in to follow this  

Suspension Clicker Question

Hi, I have a question on adjusting the clickers, mainly the shock. For the Compression clicker on top of the shock, I believe clockwise is stiffer and counter clockwise is softer, is that correct? Also, for the rebound clicker on the bottom of the shock, I am thinking clockwise is more rebound, counter clockwise is less, is that right? Also, for the fork, is the top clicker compression and the bottom rebound like the shock? Thanks guys!

For the forks compression dampening adjustment is on the bottom and rebound dampening is on the top. CW=Harder CCW=Softer. Same For the shockWhat bike do you have? I can give you the standard sttings depending on what you ride.

Don't think of it as "stiffer" and "softer". Think of it as faster and slower. For both rebound and compression, clockwise will make the shock and/or forks move slower, counterclockwise will make them move faster.

For example: if your shock kicks you on sharp edges or whoops, it's probably rebounding too fast. Turn the rebound clicker in (clockwise) to slow down the rebound. Conversely, if the shock packs down through consecutive hits (the rear gets lower and lower with each hit till it runs out of travel) then it is rebounding too slow. Turn the rebound clicker our (counterclockwise) to speed up the rebound.

Hope this makes it a little easier to understand...

Don't think of it as "stiffer" and "softer". Think of it as faster and slower. For both rebound and compression, clockwise will make the shock and/or forks move slower, counterclockwise will make them move faster.

For example: if your shock kicks you on sharp edges or whoops, it's probably rebounding too fast. Turn the rebound clicker in (clockwise) to slow down the rebound. Conversely, if the shock packs down through consecutive hits (the rear gets lower and lower with each hit till it runs out of travel) then it is rebounding too slow. Turn the rebound clicker our (counterclockwise) to speed up the rebound.

Hope this makes it a little easier to understand...

Yeah ok, thanks. My bike feels "faster" than it should be in both ways. And if I have the compression and rebound mixed up as far as the adjusters go, then no wonder I wasn't getting anywhere messing with them... Is that a total for sure about the shock? I was almost positive the top was compression and bottom was rebound. Bike is a 2000 KX250

Is that a total for sure about the shock? I was almost positive the top was compression and bottom was rebound. Bike is a 2000 KX250

yes that's right for the shock (compression on top).

on your bike the forks have rebound on top and compression is bottom.

For a 2000 KX250 shock, the top is compression, and the bottom is rebound. I want to say you have a high speed compression adjuster in addition to the normal slow-speed compression adjuster. Is there a blue six-sided nut?

On the forks, the compression is on the EDIT (bottom), and the rebound is on the EDIT (top). Clockwise is more damping (more slowing down, controlling). Counterclockwise is less damping (less slowing down, less controlling, limiting, restricting).

For a 2000 KX250 shock, the top is compression, and the bottom is rebound. I want to say you have a high speed compression adjuster in addition to the normal slow-speed compression adjuster. Is there a blue six-sided nut?

On the forks, the compression is on the top, and the rebound is on the bottom. Clockwise is more damping (more slowing down, controlling). Counterclockwise is less damping (less slowing down, less controlling, limiting, restricting).

Yes there is.

On the forks, the compression is on the top, and the rebound is on the bottom. Clockwise is more damping (more slowing down, controlling). Counterclockwise is less damping (less slowing down, less controlling, limiting, restricting).

Yes I do have the blue nut, I imagine that adjusts the same as the others I.E clockwise for more dampening and counter-clockwise for less dampening. Thanks, I was really curious about that one, now I have some more stuff to mess with. My fork is working pretty good right now, but my shock is not dampening very well.