Avoiding G.P.N.F. police

Anyone know if the "road patrols" have any kind of set schedule? Are they there less often on weekdays than weekends? We want to make a loop riding Juniper Ridge and Langille but none of us have plates. Is there a "best" time to avoid getting a ticket?

I think the best time to ride it and avoid a ticket is when you're legal. IDK though:excuseme:

Anyone know if the "road patrols" have any kind of set schedule? Are they there less often on weekdays than weekends? We want to make a loop riding Juniper Ridge and Langille but none of us have plates. Is there a "best" time to avoid getting a ticket?

1:30 AM... Call trail tech, they can hook you up.:thumbsup:

In all reality I highly doubt ant LEO are going to be on a set partol schedule. If you are going to do it be prepared to deal with the consequences...

Later,

In all reality I highly doubt ant LEO are going to be on a set partol schedule. If you are going to do it be prepared to deal with the consequences...

Later,

Thats about it..... until they can see the logic in facilitating loops in the forest you either are legal or illegal... I have been on the illegal side of things for awhile and with luck have not been popped but I have heard of many stories where they lay and wait on the cispus between 2309 and the valley trail:thumbsdn:

I'd like to add that I really appreciate publicly funded law enforcement spending their hours at work fighting this type of criminal activity, it makes for such a safer and nicer world to live in... imagine if we were left to do it without punishment, oh my gawd the tragedies that would ensue.

Budgets are tight. Call and ask them when the officer will be in the area and see what they say.

hmm, no offense, but if your truly an out of stater coming here expecting to get over on the law, well, your not going to get much help in this forum

and it's not because we're all a bunch of prudish do-gooders or anal about sharing the trails here, but most of us here realize that respecting the laws on the books, and working with the other users of the forests is the best way to ensure we continue to enjoy the outstanding riding we have..

I recommend you camp at one of several campgrounds along fr23 and do a really good loop without riding roads

I'd like to add that I really appreciate publicly funded law enforcement spending their hours at work fighting this type of criminal activity, it makes for such a safer and nicer world to live in... imagine if we were left to do it without punishment, oh my gawd the tragedies that would ensue.

Sounds like a world I don't want any part of. Please pipe down as you're scaring me now.:thumbsup:

do a really good loop without riding roads

In the GPNF these are in the same category as Unicorns :thumbsup:

I am not advocating lawlesness (well maybe a little) and I certainly don't want to see people wheeling and racing down the roads whether they be paved or dirt, and I understand the implications associated with what is considered inappropriate use of the forests roads and our riding opportunities but lets get to the bottom of this... my WR is as road worthy as any EXC or TE or any other piece of eurotrash sporting a plate but I cannot get a plate... I know, I know, off topic but it does put into perspective how rediculous these types of LE operations are....

newman- None taken. Actually I live in Battle Ground, Wa. about 1 hour away from the south end of the GP and have volunteered for a few "work days" to do trail maintenence up there. I usually don't go out of my way to "break the law". I am willing to make exceptions for "laws" that are this stupid.:thumbsup:

I also don't have the cash to buy my wife and myself street legal trail bikes. For that matter, it would be cheaper for us to get a few tickets per year on our current bikes...

So it ends up, for me anyway, there really is only one reason to NOT ride the roads and risk the ticket. It makes us all look bad. And as you said, "respecting the laws on the books, and working with the other users of the forests is the best way to ensure we continue to enjoy the outstanding riding we have.. "

Gawd I hate taking the high road sometimes... Anybody have a couple of TTR230's for sale?

Law enforcement never follows a schedule for patrols, people would be able to get away with stuff if they did.

I have only seen them on the real busy weekends, ie memorial day or labor day or if there was a high fire danger and a burn ban, they will be out on patrol. But this weekend coming up is Labor day, so expect them to be out there.

I wonder how large of a group do we need to protest ride, and make the news? The fact that thousands of people need these roads to be designated 'loop rideable' is such a no-brainer, it seems that if it was just brought to the attention of the masses. :thumbsup: The lawmakers would have to justify why there is no off-road trail that allows a loop, and that our taxpayer dollar on a high-volume day in the park is spent writing dumb tickets.

I wonder how large of a group do we need to protest ride, and make the news? The fact that thousands of people need these roads to be designated 'loop rideable' is such a no-brainer, it seems that if it was just brought to the attention of the masses. :thumbsup: The lawmakers would have to justify why there is no off-road trail that allows a loop, and that our taxpayer dollar on a high-volume day in the park is spent writing dumb tickets.

or the "masses" would say what? you mean to tell me they are riding dirt bikes in the us forest?...thats gotta stop.:worthy:

I don't think the masses hate us that much...gotta getta family in the picture being ticketed...interview them.

I don't think the masses hate us that much...gotta getta family in the picture being ticketed...interview them.

Not the family I saw riding up and down the road at the GPNF last year.. picture this -

Dad - old honda XL I think, but not street legal.. no helmet, no shirt, baby in one of those backpack kid carrying things with a bicycle helmet on.

Mom - Shorts, no helmet, Honda trail 50, shorts, flip flops, toddler on the tank with helmet.

Two other kids in tow on trail 50's, helmets I think, shorts & flip flops.

I shityounot, going up and down the paved road several times between Cat Creek and the Old Chimney:eek:

They deserved evey ticket that could have been written:crazy:

The cops should just pistol-whip the dad...

ticket the mom...

a 'that is what you get for being stupid' lesson for the kids...

give them a billy club to beat their parents with when they are being stupid...

and some of those badge stickers that the kids love...

deputize them to keep their dumb parents in check!

and some of those badge stickers that the kids love...

deputize them to keep their dumb parents in check!

Too late, they've already reproduced.:thumbsup:

We all hope our children will surpass us though, generally do better, be smarter, etc...

Looks like that could happen around 9 or 10 with these kids, if we get some outside influence on them.

In the GPNF these are in the same category as Unicorns :thumbsup:

I understand the implications associated with what is considered inappropriate use of the forests roads and our riding opportunities but lets get to the bottom of this... my WR is as road worthy as any EXC or TE or any other piece of eurotrash sporting a plate but I cannot get a plate... I know, I know, off topic but it does put into perspective how rediculous these types of LE operations are....

Come on Don, you can always go get one of those yamonda ycr235 from shucks or Joes... theres no problem plating those P.O.S. try to make sense of that one

We all hope our children will surpass us though, generally do better, be smarter, etc...

Looks like that could happen around 9 or 10 with these kids, if we get some outside influence on them.

Actually the situation I described is not too far from my childhood experiences except we had Hodakas with bigger tanks that were a little more comfortable to ride on...

In the 70's that was the norm... the word Treehugger or environmentalist was probably not even in the dictionary then