Sign in to follow this  

DR650 Super Moto

Any info/insight? have a chance to pick up an 04 with 4k miles for even trade for an 83 honda interceptor. it was in a wreck, and needed front rim, forks, upper triple tree, handlebars, and front axle. he has all new parts except the axle and bars, just not installed.

i know nothing about DR650's, despite my many DR350/400's, let alone any SM 650's. are they as good as the DR400SM's?

anything i should look out for?

The DR650 makes an excellent street supermoto conversion. It's really a better bike to ride than a DRZ400SM.

The DR650 makes an excellent street supermoto conversion. It's really a better bike to ride than a DRZ400SM.

Can you expand on that a bit? I'm considering getting a DR over a DRZ as I type this...

They make great supermotos. I love mine to death. It's a much better bike for the highway IMHO, also great on the twisties, and it looks great too . Low maintenance and super reliable. Can't beat it. Lots of mods to be done which is half the fun anyways. Here's mine.

DSC00911.jpg

for the record DR650s dont come in supermoto trim from the factory...in case there was any confusion