Sign in to follow this  

ARGH! 2009 KLX250S -- Where To Order Oil Filter?

I've Googled, and maybe I'm just retarded, or my Google is simply broken.

Where can I order oil filters for this thing?

I've got ~150 miles, and wanna do an oil change. Through the window, it's nasty lookin'.

Also, any oil recommendations? I read to use dino oil until at least 1500 miles then switch to synthetic. Anyone got any favorite brands.

I hate to sound like a dweeb, but I've changed oil in one machine, once in my life, and it was my Cub Cadet riding mower; always had the dealer do the work on EVERYTHING I've owned. It's not that I can't figure it out -- I'm just asking for recommendations for favorite brands.

You can always order it through a dealer

If they;re the same as the 06 and 07 (pretty sure it is) go to Walmart, and get the FRAM CH6015. Comes with the O-ring too

About a million Kawasaki motorcycles share the same filter with the 09 KLX-250S. Just go to your dealer; they should have them in stock. Our local dealer had four and we went ahead and bought three :thumbsup:

Yeah, geez.. really. Why is this even an issue... why wouldn't you think to go back to the place you bought it to get an oil filter for it? Or is that not possible because the closest Kawasaki dealer is like 2 hours away or something?

Yeah, geez.. really. Why is this even an issue... why wouldn't you think to go back to the place you bought it to get an oil filter for it? Or is that not possible because the closest Kawasaki dealer is like 2 hours away or something?

Actually, the dealer is about 45 miles away. Rarely do I get over that way and I was wanting to do an oil change quite soon.

I figured someone would have an idea on where I could order from, online.

If that had been the case, then I was gonna order 5 or 6 and be done with it for a while. Also, I assumed it would be cheaper than a dealer.

:thumbsup:

Actually, the dealer is about 45 miles away. Rarely do I get over that way and I was wanting to do an oil change quite soon.

I figured someone would have an idea on where I could order from, online.

If that had been the case, then I was gonna order 5 or 6 and be done with it for a while. Also, I assumed it would be cheaper than a dealer.

:thumbsup:

MMM yeah I see, I wouldnt want to take a 45 minute trek either. Well, you could do it some day your not doing anything and stock up so you won't have to do it for a while.

I hope the picher is not representative of the actual product.

I bought some Tusk filters for three bucks. The hole in the rubber seal was a little big. Fortunately the hole in the filter itself was the same so I could use the old one.

Our local Suzuki shop sells the HIFLOFILTRO part # HF112 to me whenever I ask for a filter for my '06 KLX250. BikeBandit (www.bikebandit.com) sells this filter for $2.21, about a buck cheeper than the dealer. They also sell the EMGO filter (same OEM part #52010-1053) for $1.98. Note that this same filter also appears on Hondas and Suzukis, so it's readily available.

Our local Suzuki shop sells the HIFLOFILTRO part # HF112 to me whenever I ask for a filter for my '06 KLX250. BikeBandit (www.bikebandit.com) sells this filter for $2.21, about a buck cheeper than the dealer. They also sell the EMGO filter (same OEM part #52010-1053) for $1.98. Note that this same filter also appears on Hondas and Suzukis, so it's readily available.

Thank you VERY much! I just ordered 5 of the HF112's. I GREATLY appreciate your help!

Thank you as well Brewster! :thumbsup:

Thank you VERY much! I just ordered 5 of the HF112's. I GREATLY appreciate your help!

Thank you as well Brewster! :thumbsup:

have you had a chance to try the K&N HF112 that you ordered? I know for sure that the fram does not fit, i tried. the indention on the spring side of the filter does not clear the studs that center the spring. I went to dealer and got the OEM filter for about $5. part #52010-1053. I would like to try the K&N, so I hope it fits. As for oil I use LUCAS semi synthetic 10w40.

the ch6015 works on the 09 klx250s I have and the '84 xl250r but not on the te450 or the 250R 2 strokes I wonder why

have you had a chance to try the K&N HF112 that you ordered?

Have not gotten them yet. I'll post results.

have you had a chance to try the K&N HF112 that you ordered? I know for sure that the fram does not fit, i tried. the indention on the spring side of the filter does not clear the studs that center the spring. I went to dealer and got the OEM filter for about $5. part #52010-1053. I would like to try the K&N, so I hope it fits. As for oil I use LUCAS semi synthetic 10w40.

Seems to me the indent is only to center the spring, it is not wider than the studs. Were you unable to install the cover?

Got the filters today. They are not K&N, not too sure where you got that from... The brand is: HIFLOFILTRO. Tiny little things...

Still haven't tried them, and it'll probably be a week until I can get one in.

I was looking at my oil too and it looked nasty dirty and when I changed it turned out it was just a dark amber. That window makes it appear darker than it really is.

How often do you guys change your oil? I have an 09 KLX250S with about 800 miles on it. The dealer did the 600 mile service and I don't think it will be do for an oil change for a couple thousand miles according to the manual.

Should I be doing it more often?