Sign in to follow this  

New 2008 Kx250f

I got a new 2008 kx250f and i have 2 qestion the first one is are there a spearat place for the tranny oil and the enginie oil ??????????? And my other question is who makes oil that is safe to use besides kawi oil

:thumbsup:

I got a new 2008 kx250f and i have 2 qestion the first one is are there a spearat place for the tranny oil and the enginie oil ??????????? And my other question is who makes oil that is safe to use besides kawi oil

:thumbsup:

The tranny and engine oil is shared, and alot of people on here use shell rotella t oil from wally world(walmart)

actually the problem with racing oil is its RACING oil and it breaks down fast....if your a normal rider who goes for 5 hours each ride that oil will be broke down in 1-2 hours...its only ment to last for so many races...and rottella is fine...i personally dont like it anymore... and if it is shared why is there two drain plugs? (im a honda guy)

actually the problem with racing oil is its RACING oil and it breaks down fast....if your a normal rider who goes for 5 hours each ride that oil will be broke down in 1-2 hours...its only ment to last for so many races...and rottella is fine...i personally dont like it anymore... and if it is shared why is there two drain plugs? (im a honda guy)

Because its hard to get all of the oil out from just one drain plug. Theres two so there isnt any leftover oil really, youd be amazed how much oil will come out of that little drain plug after you push the kicker down slowly.

+1, when i drain mine after 1 kick it 5 times it flowing normal again as it was full.....and theres always gonna be about .05-.1 liters left in there....thats why the manual says (honda) 0.66 at drain and 0.7-0.71 at disasembly....just residue on everything and on the case walls

by me......and no its not necceserily synthetic, just this with moleyboddushalalalal, or moley, wich is a slippery addictive....i say rottella or kawi oil

Ive been running belray semi synthetic 10w 40 for the last 60 hrs on my 08, just put a new piston and the old one looked great. There are countless oil threads on this site...

If you really want to run the best oil you can buy, run 530MX...

there are two sumps for oil to drain one for the tranny and one for the crank but it uses one type of oil