Sign in to follow this  

carnegie campsite pic

Does anyone have pictures of carnegie campsite. We are going there with another family this weekend we are from santa rosa and looking for place to take kids and camp.. thanks guys......

Does anyone have pictures of carnegie campsite. We are going there with another family this weekend we are from santa rosa and looking for place to take kids and camp.. thanks guys......

I dont have any pics but its a great place for kids to ride. Thats where I started 30 years ago and started my son 6 years ago.

thanks for reply, does it get very crowded on weekend ,going there this weekend witch is labor day so im sure it will be..

Don't have any pics of the parking lot but here is Photostory from one of my trips to Carnegie.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/FlyLikeABandit/Carnegie/?action=view&current=Carnegie_1_13_08.flv

My favorite place to play at Carnegie

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x300/FlyLikeABandit/Carnegie/4-19-08/?action=view&current=Carnegie_4_19_08.flv

Shouldn't be that crowded, the campground is not really that big, maybe 50 or so spots. What time do you plan on getting there?

Not sure if you can camp overnight outside of the fenced off areas. If you call them and find out you can, I would go to the very south end under the trees by the fenced off kids track. You will be in the shade and away from the main paved road(corral hollow) and traffic noise. I used to park my trailer there on day trips but never stayed overnight. The camping areas that are fenced off are wedged between the main paved road outside the park and the main dirt road inside the park.

thanks alot for all your help, kids are really excited and dad to. thanks again..

Just an FYI its gonna be HOT bring lots of water and a camel back if you got one, im a regular there should be there wed, maybe sunday if im off, riding a yamaha, black chevy truck usually park by the kids track under the tree's as well. Have fun!

It will be HOT, dry, and dusty! take plenty of water! supposed to be 104 Thursday and slightly cooler the rest of the week.

Here is a pic I found of a overnight trip I did with some friends. The camping is better now, they have nicer bathrooms and showers. Have a great time.

IMG_7175.jpg

The camping area is small, and it gets crowded on weekends, and even more crowded on holiday weekends. In fact it's a mad house on holiday weekends, lots of crazy riders, so be careful. There are 2 great kids tracks, and the horseshoe ATV track is good too when it's not crowded. That one's my kids favorite, and it's across the road from the camping area. Like everyone said, it's gonna be hot, and there's not much shade in the camping area, so bring your own. There is no over night camping in the shaded area by the kid track. It would be nice though.

If you're coming from Santa Rosa, why don't you go somewhere like Stonyford, it's waaaay better.

we thought of stonyford but alot further. I have a large mh and thought carnegie maybe...

we thought of stonyford but alot further. I have a large mh and thought carnegie maybe...

Carnegie on a holiday weekend? You're crazy!

Hot.....dusty.....crowded.

Idiots everywhere.

I'm sure the rangers will be very busy this weekend.

I bet the fire trucks, ambulances and helicopter show up at least twice a day.

Have fun!

Middle Creek in Upper Lake.

Anywhere will be busy on labor Day.

Yes, you can run generators,but they probobally have quiet times like most places, 10PM-6AM. The camping area is almost like a corral. It's a fairly small fenced in area, and you end up with campers/trailers back to back.

You must try Stonyford & Middlecreek someday. It's definately worth the drive. Great camping for large motorhomes, and lots of room to spread out.