Sign in to follow this  

Should I part out my 07?

My 07 had 33 hrs on it when I got mud in the engine. It runs but is going to need some work, I dont want to pay to have the engine dissasembled so I'm either going to trade it or part out. Dealer offered me 2000 towards an 08 KTM 200XCW (which is what I want anyway) as is. What do you think? Heres what it has:

very clean

sprung and valved for 200lb rider

skidplate

new tires

new sprockets and chain

cycra handguards

guts tall seat

rekluse (clutch pack probably shot)

My 07 had 33 hrs on it when I got mud in the engine. It runs but is going to need some work, I dont want to pay to have the engine dissasembled so I'm either going to trade it or part out. Dealer offered me 2000 towards an 08 KTM 200XCW (which is what I want anyway) as is. What do you think? Heres what it has:

very clean

sprung and valved for 200lb rider

skidplate

new tires

new sprockets and chain

cycra handguards

guts tall seat

rekluse (clutch pack probably shot)

Hmm that sounds pretty low, but that does depend on how bad the motor is.

Its hard to deal with this mentally, the bike is so new and clean just sitting there in my garage but the motor will have to be taken apart and cleaned and probably some parts replaced. It starts and idles fine though, for all I know it could be flushed out a bit more, new clutch plates and go. I just cant deal with all the down time of a motor rebuild, too many races coming up and no time to wait. For someone who could do this work himself it could be a good deal.

There deffinatly jiping you on the price. It would probably take about $1700 or less to get the bike running like new. So they would be paying you 2000 and put at most 1700 into it. So they would be getting an 07 for 3700 and would probably resell it for 5000 or so. I'd part it out but thats just me.

You can buy new 08s for $5k I hear, I think market value is somewhere around 3500 for a clean 07.

Wow, you have more posts in 4 mos than I have had in 4 yrs!

You can buy new 08s for $5k I hear, I think market value is somewhere around 3500 for a clean 07.

Wow, you have more posts in 4 mos than I have had in 4 yrs!

5000 for an 08? Wow. Maybe down there in texas but not up here. I see beat 06 going for 3500.

5000 for an 08? Wow. Maybe down there in texas but not up here. I see beat 06 going for 3500.

Picked up my new 08 for 4800.