Sign in to follow this  

Rear Licence Plate Relocator Pictuers

On my '08 TE610, I replaced the large, relatively heavy taillight assembly and brace with a light-weight Baja Designs LED taillight. The license plate bolts onto the flat surface; I used a plastic backing plate because the license plate is wider than the BD assembly.

TEfirstRide13.jpg

did you have to cut the Baja Designs product to fit under the fender?

any photos available showing under the fender?

The BD fender bolted on with no cutting/trimming necessary. I'll try to get a photo tomorrow, but it's pretty plain under there; just 6 nuts/washers and the wire bundle showing (4 bolts on the top and 1 on each side).

Silverwood05-15033.jpg

Did not relocate just ran it sideways. CHP told me that was ok. Has not fell off or broke yet, but I havent crashed yet either. 👍

The BD fender bolted on with no cutting/trimming necessary. I'll try to get a photo tomorrow, but it's pretty plain under there; just 6 nuts/washers and the wire bundle showing (4 bolts on the top and 1 on each side).

Is your bike fitted with the rear sub-frame hardware to hold the rear rack/factory tail light?

Follow-up underside picture. It looks like I DID trim a bit to clear the bolts at the front edge.

TErearFenderPlate1.jpg

thanks for taking the time to provide the photo.. it helps.

Would you say that the running light and brake light are as bright as the OEM stock rear tail light functions?

Brighter and easier to see; they're LEDs. They also use less amps! Not to mention how petite and lightweight the fender extension is 👍

I suppose you want another picture or two :worthy:

steven57, are you not putting rear turn signals on that? Is it for track or road.

It's for road. MD doesn't require signals. Eventually I'm going to put on some flexible LED strips for the rear tail.

First ride I broke off the stock plate holder and turn signals. I put the small light on that came with the power up kit and fabricated two simple rails which I bolted onto the existing rear sub frame. Only took about an hour and has been through a dozen rides without issue.

DSC01342.jpg

DSC01349.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01346.jpg

lol like a million people see your plates on the road, whats a few fellow husky's gunna hurt.

Thanks for posting. I think i will use the included off road setup as well, Ill post pics when finished

Silverwood05-15033.jpg

Did not relocate just ran it sideways. CHP told me that was ok. Has not fell off or broke yet, but I havent crashed yet either. :worthy:

Like like that "SIERRA CLUB Go Hike To Hell" bumper sticker under your fender:thumbsup:

Like like that "SIERRA CLUB Go Hike To Hell" bumper sticker under your fender:thumbsup:

bumperart . c o m I don't see that they do anti any more but they do special orders.

:worthy: