Sign in to follow this  

Honda Trail 90/110, should they bring them back?

Should Honda re-introduce the trail 90/110?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Should Honda re-introduce the trail 90/110?

• Yes
    • No

OK, I think these things should be brought back. I know Honda still builds these for Australia, or did in the last few years. Should Honda re-introduce the trail 90/110? This would be a good alternate to the scooters that are selling fast for skooting around town and to save gas.

OK, I think these things should be brought back. I know Honda still builds these for Australia, or did in the last few years. Should Honda re-introduce the trail 90/110? This would be a good alternate to the scooters that are selling fast for skooting around town and to save gas.
Yeah!👍

The Trail90/110s offer a great, inexpensive gateway vehicle to the world of sickle cycles. However since the introduction of the CRF230L Honda probably feels like they already have an offering for that type of thing.

The Trail90/110s offer a great, inexpensive gateway vehicle to the world of sickle cycles. However since the introduction of the CRF230L Honda probably feels like they already have an offering for that type of thing.

The 230L isn't as fuel efficient and doesn't have the dual range transmission, the very high air intake, the hella huge rack on the back that'll haul out a six point buck, or the extra fuel bottle at the rear either. The CT series didn't have e-start but they were a one kick machine. I had a 1981 CT110 and loved it.👍

Yes - they were very fuel efficient, versitile and reliable bikes. I had one when I was 15 with a learners permit and I went all over on that thing and never put any $$ into it.

I like the Honda Rucus (sp) but it needs a little more power - Honda sales would soar with a mpg utility bike like the 90/110.

I voted yes for the Trail 90/110, but I'd rather see Honda bring back the Reflex which was a trail/trials/dual sport bike that was sold here in the mid-80s.

tlr200-86.jpg

A great "grocery gettter" that would be perfect to have in the van for the wife to put around on in the pits of a race.

Ironically, these bikes in good condition are selling on ebay and in the cycletrader for around $2k as they have a level of cult status. My dad and grampa owned a Honda Dealership in Iowa through the 70s, 80s, and into the 90s and couldn't give the Reflex away when it came out. I specifically remember seeing 5 crated Reflexs sitting in the shed behind the shop rotting.

I like the CRF230L. We have them at the Honda Rider Ed. center and use them to teach the MSF classes with. They are neat bikes. But the MSRP is over $4k which is a little high.

I voted yes for the Trail 90/110, but I'd rather see Honda bring back the Reflex which was a trail/trials/dual sport bike that was sold here in the mid-80s.

tlr200-86.jpg

A great "grocery gettter" that would be perfect to have in the van for the wife to put around on in the pits of a race.

Ironically, these bikes in good condition are selling on ebay and in the cycletrader for around $2k as they have a level of cult status. My dad and grampa owned a Honda Dealership in Iowa through the 70s, 80s, and into the 90s and couldn't give the Reflex away when it came out. I specifically remember seeing 5 crated Reflexs sitting in the shed behind the shop rotting.

I like the CRF230L. We have them at the Honda Rider Ed. center and use them to teach the MSF classes with. They are neat bikes. But the MSRP is over $4k which is a little high.

ive seen those around. they are cool bikes.

tlr200-86.jpg

there was a mock drawing of modern reflex in last months dirt rider they suspect its going to hit the euro market to compete with the yamaha tricker.

yamaha-tricker-slip-fokker_big14020.jpg

there was a mock drawing of modern reflex in last months dirt rider they suspect its going to hit the euro market to compete with the yamaha tricker.

yamaha-tricker-slip-fokker_big14020.jpg

Is that mock drawing out on the net somewhere? I'd love to see it. Of course yet another cool bike from Honda that everyone else in the world gets except us.

When is Honda going to figure out that we're not all a bunch of mid life crisis HELOC-rich dentists looking to buy black leather and ride ghey cruisers?

Part of the problem is cost. Honda's just not interested unless it can be sold for $4k. That's not what most people who posted in this thread want. I'm sorry to say it, but a bike like this can only come from a Chinese or perhaps a Korean manufacturer. They are the only ones with a low enough production cost.

honda's asian market has a ton of bikes like this, I remember (but can't find right now) recently seeing a pic from a trade show of a honda dash that looked A LOT like a modern minitrail

I have a '81 ct70 with a 110cc lifan in it, it's great fun at 100mpg!

Bring 'em back - but without the automatic clutch. I've owned 2 of them - one in 1972 and again in the 90's - and absolutely hated the auto clutch. Other than that great lttle utilitarian bikes.

i love my 74 trail 70. got it for 350 a few years ago and have had people offer me up to 2k for it. easy to work on, all the kids at camp ride the crap out of it and i ride with my 4 year old as he rides his 50. and the fact that it is street legal is the icing on the cake!