Sign in to follow this  

BYE BYE Cush Drive!!!

just bought a 18inch non cush dr 350wheel for alot of money.. holy cow i was sweatin during this auction!! anyone lookin for 17inch cush drive 650 rim wit a lightly used trackmaster 2 on it?? pm me and i will send pics also have a dyno jetted stock carb wit fuel screw, 2000 gas tank, stock springs and some other items.. pm me if interested just cant wait to get her back together again!!!👍

just bought a 18inch non cush dr 350wheel for alot of money..

can I ask why? I understand going 18 inch for slightly better offroad use and far greater tyre availability but non cush drive? your going to be eating tyres, sprockets and chains much faster and reduce the life of the gearbox (forever down to nearly forever is alright though I guess)

Fastgixx, I tried to PM you about the wheel but your IM box is full. That happens to me too so I understand. You can email me at turbondr@aol.com with info on the wheel. Thanks. Neville.

qwerty i primarily ride my bike in the trails and a have a sportbike for the street... so im not really worried about chewin my gearbox up.... and judging from the way my cush drive and bearings had catastrophic failure on a trail far from my house, the less parts on my bike that are able to break the better!!!!! all of my friends drz and dirtbikes have no cush and have no problems??? i guess well see you know how it goes though fix one thing one day next day something else breaks!!!!👍

can I ask why? I understand going 18 inch for slightly better offroad use and far greater tyre availability but non cush drive? your going to be eating tyres, sprockets and chains much faster and reduce the life of the gearbox (forever down to nearly forever is alright though I guess)

qwerty i primarily ride my bike in the trails and a have a sportbike for the street... so im not really worried about chewin my gearbox up.... and judging from the way my cush drive and bearings had catastrophic failure on a trail far from my house, the less parts on my bike that are able to break the better!!!!! all of my friends drz and dirtbikes have no cush and have no problems??? i guess well see you know how it goes though fix one thing one day next day something else breaks!!!!👍

I got you there but the reason they don't have a cush drive is that it costs more money and if the bikes are ridden only offroad there isn't much point. But have you seen how quickly a 650 can eat through chains, sprockets and tyres without a cush drive? I completely ruined a new knobby (one of the longer lasting less grippy ones) in <100km on a XR650R through road, rock and gravel terrain

If you are only going offroad then you'll be right but i'd hang on to that wheel for a while to make sure your happy with it and satisfied you won't be taking it for long road trips. You can always still do it thats no problem, after all the 650R does not have a cush drive and it'll go absolutely anywhere. But you'll be replacing those 3 things more often. I thank my cush drive greatly as i'm sitting on 21,500k's and still using the original chain and sprockets. I would have chucked it at around 4,000 otherwise

I got you there but the reason they don't have a cush drive is that it costs more money and if the bikes are ridden only offroad there isn't much point. But have you seen how quickly a 650 can eat through chains, sprockets and tyres without a cush drive? I completely ruined a new knobby (one of the longer lasting less grippy ones) in <100km on a XR650R through road, rock and gravel terrain

If you are only going offroad then you'll be right but i'd hang on to that wheel for a while to make sure your happy with it and satisfied you won't be taking it for long road trips. You can always still do it thats no problem, after all the 650R does not have a cush drive and it'll go absolutely anywhere. But you'll be replacing those 3 things more often. I thank my cush drive greatly as i'm sitting on 21,500k's and still using the original chain and sprockets. I would have chucked it at around 4,000 otherwise

you might have a point there qwerty!! hmm maybe i should onto it for a bit to see if i could tell the difference 👍 just dont want it to happen again either... i was doing about 70mph on a open field when i heard this squelling noise "like the pig that she is" scared the crap outta me!!! lucky the chain didnt slap my leg or the cases!!!!! :worthy:

yeah that happened to me as well, bearings exploded. But the oem ones aren't double sealed so they were packed full of mud, water, sand etc. Just need to replace them sooner rather than later, the actual cush drive itself isn't a failure point as its just a rubber cushion. Theres no way it can jam or 'let go' or anything like that, its the bearing thats the weak part and they should be checked more regularly anyway. Just hold on to the wheel at least for a few thousand k's and then decide

just out of curiosity what would you want for the carb? i don't supposed you'd be willing to break down the dynojet jet's and needle and things eh? but if you are i'd buy them up...