Sign in to follow this  

Switch from crf150r to CR 250R

Ok so I went out of town this weekend and I got on my buddys RM250. And loved it. And considering im growing out of my 150r I was looking at buying a CR250. But im just wondering if it's to big of a switch? + im 14 , im a girl and im only about 5'4.

Seems too big to me. Get a 2005+ YZ125. Very broad power delivery and fun snappy motor.

a 250 smoke is way too big for a 5'4 14 year old girl. i'd try a 250 4 stroke or 125 2 stroke before you make the jump. thats a whole lot of bike and your not a whole lot of girl.

I agree..whats your riding style?

Also when you rode the RM did you really jump on the gas or just putt around with it? They are right, that is a lot of bike for you especially if it has some motor work or other mods done to it.

CRF150 to a CR250? That's a HUGE step. My son just got off a 150r and I wouldn't put him on a 250 2-stroke yet...

Well when I rode the RM I rode it in a pit. And yes it was a pretty big bike, but I loved the power that came with it. "thats a whole lot of bike and your not a whole lot of girl." And to that im a not twig. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=352374&id=509182865

That a picture of me 👍 But it was the only one that I can find that's my hole body soo .. haha.

i can't access the photo but still, the rm 250 scares me still and i'm by no means a small guy. when you get that bike in the power band it can get scary really fast especially after jumping from a 150. i highly highly recommend getting a 250 4 stroke. that bike will last you a long time your sure to not out grow it anytime soon and will be a good segway to a 250 2 stroke.