Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke 125 of any kind compared to CRF250X?

Which should win in a straight up drag? Or is this one up to the rider?

What are your thoughts? 👍

given both rider know how to lauch there bike and each are the same weight, it depends on the lenth of the race, of the mark the 125 will have it, until it tops out, only once the 125 runs outs steam will the 250 take over, the longer gear ratio's allow for a much higher top speed, but the CRF250X is both less powerful, heavier and longer ratio's limit accaleration.

A 125 2 Stroke would out-accelerate the 250X, but in the long run the 250X will probably beat the 125 by 10-20MPH due to gearing.(250X-I believe 85-90MPH)

would it really kick it's ass in acceleration?

damn, I thought it'd be a little closer than that.

A 125 2 Stroke would out-accelerate the 250X, but in the long run the 250X will probably beat the 125 by 10-20MPH due to gearing.(250X-I believe 85-90MPH)

250X tops out at about 70, the 450 though does 90. It would also depend on mods. My 250X is very close to the 250R All thats left is for me to swap out my head for an R head and it will be the same motor but with an e start.

Hands down in a drag the 250x will win.

I;ve raced my dad's bike(05 crf250x) vs mine(04 Cr125) and the 250x wins as soon as the 125 hits 5th gear.

I don't know, I am not trying to start an argument, but I believe they top out at 80....oh wait you have a 250X. I am guessing they top out at 80-90 with the free mods? Not that speed is that big of a deal.

I ride both a modded 06 250x and a 02 CR 125. If you want a bike that's set up for a track and will force you to become a better rider, go with the 125 because it's MUCH harder to ride. If you want a bike for trails and hill climbs get the 250x without a doubt. I'm pretty sure my 250x is more powerful, but it's hard to judge peak power.

If I were you I'd get an CRF 250R. That bike will spank both the 250x and 125 and is much lighter than the 250x.

I don't know, I am not trying to start an argument, but I believe they top out at 80....oh wait you have a 250X. I am guessing they top out at 80-90 with the free mods? Not that speed is that big of a deal.

I topped mine out before all the free mods and my dad was right next to me on his 450X, on the trail tech gps I t was reading 71 on a hard pack dry lake bed. I probably have upwards of 8 horses over stock with the mods Ive done but I havent taken it for a full speed run yet.

I ride both a modded 06 250x and a 02 CR 125. If you want a bike that's set up for a track and will force you to become a better rider, go with the 125 because it's MUCH harder to ride. If you want a bike for trails and hill climbs get the 250x without a doubt. I'm pretty sure my 250x is more powerful, but it's hard to judge peak power.

If I were you I'd get an CRF 250R. That bike will spank both the 250x and 125 and is much lighter than the 250x.

The 250R will win in acceleration but it has a taller final ratio gear which means it tops out sooner than the X. probably about 65 or so.

250X tops out at about 70, the 450 though does 90. It would also depend on mods. My 250X is very close to the 250R All thats left is for me to swap out my head for an R head and it will be the same motor but with an e start.

ok, so much about the speed and drag race... haha 👍

hey busty, how would you compare the 250X and your 2-takt YZ250 in the trails, assuming both light trail-to-technical ones?

which one you like most?

But still, how does the 250X only top out at 70? My friend's WR250F(sTOCK) topped out at 86MPH.👍

But still, how does the 250X only top out at 70? My friend's WR250F(sTOCK) topped out at 86MPH.👍

i like where this is goin'... now, let's just buy ourselves a WR250F for that matter hihi :worthy:

ok, so much about the speed and drag race... haha 👍

hey busty, how would you compare the 250X and your 2-takt YZ250 in the trails, assuming both light trail-to-technical ones?

which one you like most?

The YZ is great for challeging runs that are very tight and technical as it is about 20 pounds lighter and feels like it to. The problem with the YZ is MPG. I can squeeze about 40 out of the tank on the YZ but the X almost goes 2x as far. The X is also very good in the technical stuff, but the YZ still has an edge. In the long distance straight line drags that desert racing has I give the X a slight advantage as it is much easier to relax on and is more forgiving for any mistakes. I cant say I like one most but lately I have spent alot of time on the YZ. The YZ also has the advantage of cheap parts. I just got a whole exhaust set up for for about $350. Cant get a slip on for that much on the X.

Not sure how he did that:excuseme: I know there is a huge gearing difference between the two bikes. I didnt think the WR would pull that kind of speed. How did he measure the speed?

Which should win in a straight up drag? Or is this one up to the rider?

What are your thoughts? 👍

This is the "What bike should I buy forum", not the "What bike is faster forum". Please do not post this stuff here.

Thanks.