Yamalink Report/WR mods

Heidi, I totally agree with you. What ever bike I end up buying next will have a rekluse and a magic starter button. I did not think that 50 mile trail ride was as tight as the enduro, but it was still tight.

Yeah you're right LouAnn, the 50 miler wasn't as tight except for the 3 miles from the Jack Pine. I could beat myself for not trying out KTMKIM'S bike with the Rekluse at the women's ride. She offered it and I wanted to wait. Oops. I snoozed, I losed. LOL

I'd love to have estart. Have you ridden a bike with a rekluse?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little behind or dense or both, where is the ride report for this 50 miler you guys are talking about?????

It was trailfest held on some of the same trails the Jackpine Enduro runs. Heidi and I were beat by the end, so neither of us has enough energy to write up a ride report. Sorry.

Heidi, to answer your question, Yes I rode a bike with a rekluse, but only for a short time last Saturday. It was Heather's 250 4 stroke. I did not ride it enough to be able to tell the difference.

from what I understand about the rekluse and how it works ( I rode a husky with one) Yes I use the clutch a lot, but in the tricky stuff I am using the clutch not so much to prevent stalling but more for power control--using it to get an extra boost to climb up stuff or pop over things that simply whapping the throttle doesn't deliver. And with a rekluse you still pull in the clutch to use it to control power--and then you are back to using the clutch lever like before. SO then you are back to it being beneficial to shift without the clutch lever(doable on a non-rekluse bike), or to prevent stalling--those things can be learned to be dealt with. Of course I'm just speaking from riding a 4-stroke, maybe those issues are different on a 2-stroke, dunno.

I'll just sit here and wait patiently for that report?

Even as a novice I know exactly what you mean! When I sat on your bike, the first thing I thought was too high! First tight spot I get into and .......over I go! I had my TTR lowered just to my specs. Riding has improved drastically. I'm not as scared to go up and down some trails that before I would have turned chicken on.

What ttr do you have? My girlfriend has a ttr 230 that we are wanting to lower, any info would be appreciated.

I want to bring back up the Rekluse from about 6 posts ago.

I never understood why the need for one (at least for me) but after doing a super tight enduro and last weekends super tight 50 mile trailride, I started thinking that I can understand completely the need for one. Pulling in the clutch a million times eventually leads to extreme fatigue in my hand. It became so hard to pull the clutch in that I started screwing up i.e. stalling the bike in places that eventually made me fall over, lose my balance etc.

In those conditions, I would greatly benefit from one. In other conditions, I would not find it a necessity. Just wanted to share.

When we were in in INDY the Rekulse guy offered me the PRO model at 50% off.. I was tempted but didnt take.. Wish I would have...

Its not about making you a lazy rider but taking a factor out of the distraction of the ride.. Its one step closer to absolute focus...

When we were in in INDY the Rekulse guy offered me the PRO model at 50% off.. I was tempted but didnt take.. Wish I would have...Its not about making you a lazy rider but taking a factor out of the distraction of the ride.. Its one step closer to absolute focus...

You know those V8 commercials where someone invariably gets bonked in the forehead for eating french fries or some other junk food when they "could have had a V8"? Imagine me doing that to you now! :worthy:

At half off, I would have snagged one... even if it was just to pass the deal on to a friend (but you can bet I would have at least tried it on my bike).

Ah well, hindsight is 20/20 after all...

• 2 months later...

I know the original post was about the lowering link, but I noticed the discussion about the rekluse clutch. I think they are perfect for a 4 stroke especially if you ride off road. It will make your bike like TTR 110, no need to use the clutch and no stalling. They are great for sticky situations. Lots of the riders that race endurocross use them because of this.

• 10 months later...

Thanks for all the detailed information. The Yamalink was ordered this morning. DH is going to put it onto his bike and either give himself a more comfortable reach, OR........ make it possible for me to ride his bike. My 26" inseam makes the tall bike a real challenge for getting on and off. So far, I've only ridden it for a few laps around a campsite where there was plenty of room for a rolling start and stop. Even with my pointed, stretched toe, I'm a good 2" short of touching the ground.

Hoping that this mod will allow me to touch and then to start building the skills to ride the taller bike.

HI Kelly mac! she will LOVE it! dont' forget to talk to the Yamalink people, tell them what kind of rider she is and terrain you ride, and they will suggest a sag to start with.

thanx again PP. the ladies in the thumpette forum seem to be great ladies, more helpful and honest than so of the guys on TT. and less of an agenda. you ladies are great, sorry to crash your forums but i have a daughter that rides and it is nice to see some of YOUR ideas and suggestions and specialized concerns. so thanx all

• 2 weeks later...

I rode the Yamaha with the links this weekend. It made all the difference in the world, in that I was able to get on and off the bike without assistance, thus ride with a little confidence. Loved the power. That is one torquey bike.

Most of the weekend however, I spent on my very own, brand new CRF230L. It doesn't have the 'oomph' of the Yamaha but it was perfect for me. I'm far from being an aggressive rider.

Looking forward to taking my skills to the next level with this bike.

I rode the Yamaha with the links this weekend. It made all the difference in the world, in that I was able to get on and off the bike without assistance, thus ride with a little confidence. Loved the power. That is one torquey bike.

Most of the weekend however, I spent on my very own, brand new CRF230L. It doesn't have the 'oomph' of the Yamaha but it was perfect for me. I'm far from being an aggressive rider.

Looking forward to taking my skills to the next level with this bike.

cool! have fun learning on the 230!

So PP... what are the odds, now that she's tasted the power of the WR w/the link on, that the 230 won't be in the stable long? Hmmmm...

And on a similar note... what about all those years hubby preached that I certainly didn't want a KTM... just way too much power for me... and who was it again that swore I'd be OK on the KTM 200? ROFLMAO!!! How opinions change. Wish I had sucked it up and just bought the KTM in the first place instead of wasting all the dough on the other bikes. I think he finally believed that a girl could ride a KTM once he saw the other gals riding them. Who knows what his field of thought... but the chain of events that brought me to the bike worked out OK, and I'm happy now, so who's to complain?

ha, Yamamama, you read my mind didn't you :banghead:

Hey SP, when you get confident on that 230 and start trashing it, get back on that WR and it will be like the heavens will open up and angels sing:D in any case, enjoy the ride, that's what's important!