Sign in to follow this  

440 BB Pilot Jet

Hey all

I have S model with TT FCR-MX, Kientech screw and Yosh RS2 full system.

Current jetting is as it came from TT: 160 main & 45 pilot. EMN Needle on 3rd clip. "Pilot air jet"(?) removed. O ring mod done.

Everything is fine except that the idle doesnt respond that well to fuel screw. Thinking of going down to 42 pilot jet.

But now Im getting the 440 big bore done.

From searching quite a bit, I know that I have to lean out the main to maybe a 158 or 155, thats fine.

But what I couldnt determine is this: does the big bore affect the pilot jet size also?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply, Eddie. 👍

I have done that and the bike doesnt stall right away when I turn the screw all the way in. It sort of starts missing a few beats and then dies after a while. AFAIK that means that the pilot is slightly rich?

My actual question is just the impact (if any) that the BB would have on the pilot jet size? (Assuming the pilot jet size is correct prior to the BB install)

Thanks

Oops, simultaneous post.

Just saw your post William1, thanks!!!

The needle and main jet tinkering I am fine with, coz I can do them with the carb installed.

I just cant change the pilot while the carb is installed. (Lack of skill/90deg tool)

Thanks for the reply, Eddie. 👍

I have done that and the bike doesnt stall right away when I turn the screw all the way in. It sort of starts missing a few beats and then dies after a while. AFAIK that means that the pilot is slightly rich?

My actual question is just the impact (if any) that the BB would have on the pilot jet size? (Assuming the pilot jet size is correct prior to the BB install)

Thanks

as long as you get reaction to the screw,thats what matters,

the BB impact on the pilot circuit is so small it usually never requires a jet change.

Yes please!!! Thanks a million!!!

BTW... Slightly off topic... How do you pronounce Sisneros? :blah:

I have been spreading the Eddie-gospel to everyone in South Africa and when they ask me your surname, I usually dont really know how to say it.

At the moment Im stuck with Seez-Neh-Rose??? :worthy:

👍 or :busted:

your pretty close,change the seez to sis like sister.

SIS NER OS

sis like sister,ner like hair,os like osis.