Sign in to follow this  

Jetting

Stock pilot is 45. With 2 turns out on the screw, fires right up and runs pretty well. I'm going to play with it, but might actually back it off a tad, so doesn't fee like I need a 48. Just knock the cap out and gain the ability to adjust the screw.

I did buy the XR only flex screw which works well. I didn't mess with it to much but it does pop some on decel at 1.5 turns. I'll mess with it more but wanted to see what folks were using as on my KTM I did up the pilot one with the JD jet kit and ran the fuel screw out around 1.75-2

I was running a 48 PJ and went back to a 45. With the 48 it started quite easily (no choke) but felt crisper off idle with the 45. Sea Level to 700 FT.

Flurry, have you done any other mods? Right now I'm just an uncorked muffler, blocked AIS, removed snorkel and the JD kit. I'm thinking off opening the top of the air box up more too.

Flurry, have you done any other mods? Right now I'm just an uncorked muffler, blocked AIS, removed snorkel and the JD kit. I'm thinking off opening the top of the air box up more too.

Yea, I have completed the following: Full FMF system, KX Air Box w/Twin Air Powerflow (Removes Backfire screen), KX Seat and Side Plates, (allows for further breathability). Running a 165 Main, 45 PJ, 55 Leak Jet. It feels spot on throughout the entire range with those settings for me. The 48 PJ felt fat even as opened up as the bike is. 👍

I run at higher elevations from 2500-5500 ft. I am running KX exhaust, 165 Main 50 PJ and I also changed the leak jet to a 50. Removed AIS as also have an adjustable air-fuel screw. Runs pretty good now. Still some decel pop... but it doesn't bother me that much. Fires quick, and is crisp. Tiny little bit of hesitation/or stall if you grab all the throttle from idle. Still need to tweak a bit, but i am 99% happy.

Thanks guys, I left it alone as I was in there to change the rear spring and grease the linkage up.. Opened the fuel screw to 1.75 for Thrusday's test. Now to finish my revalve in the front and add springs..

Hopefully i pick up my KLX on wednesday. Are you lads running the standard needle and on what clip position? I should be able to have some input soon.👍

i'm on the east coast of australia and i've tried the pilot as a 48 and also the needle on positions 3 and 4 down .the bike was hesitating/surging pretty bad at around 1/3rd throttle with it in position 4 and when i reduced it back to position 3 it wasn't as bad,so after that bit of experimenting i now run it stock needle(2nd down) and 45 pilot (also stock)and 155 main.airbox snorkel is removed and the exhuast has a pro billet stlye tip,and it runs sweet.

Cheers John. i have asked for the dealer to install 160 main. However a procircuit header will be on the bike. Also i live in the desert (Roxby Downs) so there is alot of high speed stuff. Where did you get the probillet insert from?

my exhaust tip is actually the original peashooter one but i had it modified by the dealer,the result is that it is vitually identical to the pro billet ones that iv'e seen on the internet.if you have dramas finding the pro billet one on the net or its going to be expensive to have it shipped here,you could give the guys at kawasaki connection in Cessnock a call and ask them if they could do the same to yours as i had done to mine,cost me $70 ,but it would mean you would have to post it to them i guess and just run without the tip until you got it back