06 klx h6f help with carbeurator/intake issue

i have the stupid smog system on my bike, i think its called the kcr air suction system for the california model. the bike was bought in colorado yet somehow it has this hinderance installed, at first i thought it was the 49 state version but after reviewing diagrams on this site i've identified this as the problem system in question. its really draining my power. ive read up on how to disable it using a 2 foot piece of hose straight from my crank case to my airbox. seems simple enough but it splits and a small hose runs from my kcr to my carbeurator. what is this hose and what do i do to bypass or plug it? any help would be appreciated. j-nuff

new to this site and to my klx250h6f

I think mine has it too but I'm not sure. Anything distinct on my bike I can look for to check and make sure? What exactly does it do to hinder performance? And if taken off....does it create higher emissions? I'd hate to get my hog inspected next year to find out its puttin' out too many gases.

i read more into it and recently found that the clean air system does not effect power so removing it doesnt help. it doesnt hurt either. some guys remove it so they can get to the plug easier. and for weight. the air mod i think is more important is removing the other hose from my airbox and melting that hole a little bigger, thus increasing airflow. ill b doing this mod soon and will let you know how that goes.

by the way, look for a small hose leading from your carb to a splitter of sorts that looks like two little black cones srewed together. two more hoses, (larger), lead off from there, one to the airbox and one to the other side of your exhaust manifold. the unit is located above your crank case and in front of your carb. take a look, this is the clean air system. ive also read that it is called a kcr air suction system. basically a smog control.

i finished removing the kcr air suction system last night. that should b called the kcr air reduction system. and since i didnt pull the carb yet to jet it, it was a little tricky getting my fingers in there to plug the vacuum port. havent done the crankcase breather mod yet i have to order the breather filter. by the way i found a uni filter in the parts unlimited catalog that you dont need an adapter for. its made to clamp to any size hose you want. simply specify the inner diameter of the tube.

ride on!