Sign in to follow this  

high comp. piston

Im getting my suspension done by enzo soon and while im at it I think im just going to throw down the extra 100 to get a high compression piston probley weisco but I just want to make sure there is no chance that it is going to mess up my engine from the extra force it places on it, or is there a chance that it will? and if so what is the worst that can happen I have a

2006 yz250f.

Yes the OEM piston from an 08 is 13.5.1

I just put one in my 06 and it works great.

Just make sure you use the new wrist pin and circlips!!

And hone the cylinder too!

will the 08 gaskets fit too? what size and grit do you use to hone your cylinder?

All gaskets will work. Get 08 clips, wrist pin and rings. Take the cylinder in to the shop to have it honed, if you don't use the right stuff you can do some damage. They've got the dingleberry bit for the drill.

Im going to go with the stock 08 piston, it will last the longest with the least problems

to hone the cylinder all you need is a ball hone hooked up to a drill put it in and keep moving it up and down, correct?

I was under the impresion that the aftermarket pistons were much stronger than stock due to the fact they are forged and not cast like the oem pistons

Im getting my suspension done by enzo soon and while im at it I think im just going to throw down the extra 100 to get a high compression piston probley weisco but I just want to make sure there is no chance that it is going to mess up my engine from the extra force it places on it, or is there a chance that it will? and if so what is the worst that can happen I have a

2006 yz250f.

Order the piston for an '08 from here: http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/default.asp

Very good prices and you will love the performance.

Don't forget circlips, pin, rings, base gasket, head gasket and a new timing chain.

Wiseco will cost much more.

I took mine to a Harley shop that was nearby and they honed it for $50. Let someone who knows what they're doing hone it. Its just not worth buying the hone. It took 15 minutes!

I took mine to a Harley shop that was nearby and they honed it for $50. Let someone who knows what they're doing hone it. Its just not worth buying the hone. It took 15 minutes!

They did it while you waited? I thought it was going to be more than that the hone alone is $30 so I might as well pay the extra $20 and have a professional do it, thanks for the advise.

I'm putting a new piston in my WR pretty soon and was wondering if you have to hone the cylinder when you replace the piston?

well i've got an 01 yz250f. will the 08 pistion fit?

I don't think so. I believe you need to go with an aftermarket piston. Pro-X, JP, Wiseco, etc. I don't know the difference (piston dimensions, bore, head, crank, valves...). Lots of variables.