Sign in to follow this  

buying used SM tires?

I just bought a brand new pair of Contiforce SM tires for my SM. I did a track day on them and have a few hundred miles on the road with them. They feel great.

However, I go to school up in VT. I live off a dirt road and I have to commute that every day on my DRZ. Last year, I was running stock S tires and they wore out really fast on the dirt road and bad pavement.

Does any teams sell used SM style tires? I just need something that somebody is willing to throw out, because I would buy them. Obviously I wouldnt want some bald tires, but I know in the motocross world riders get rid of tires after just a few rides (when they still have PLENTY of life left for me).

If anyone has any info on cheap used tires, let me know, because I could use a few sets.

Peter

There are always a couple of adds on the Denver Craig's list for used tires. They typically only have 1 race or 1 practice day on them. The problem I think you will run into is that typically the smallest rear tire width is 170. Most come from sport bikes. It may be different in your area but that is what I've noticed around here.

You can usually find some on ebay, but usually they are a 160 at the narrowest rear....most come from supermoto 450's and stuff running the wider rears.