Sign in to follow this  

drz-400s

I need some help with my 02 drz 400s. I bought it used and it has an off road full yosh exhaust. It was to loud for the street for me so I bought a low baffle for it that helped. To my surprise when I pulled the carb it had all stock jetting on the Mikuni. (22.5 pilot and 142.5 main) The bike doen't want to maintain a constant speed at 1/8 throttle but runs fairly well when under power. Any suggestions on where to start with pilot (screw 3.5 turns and still to lean) needle and main on this bike. I don't want to just start throwing jets at it.

Thanks!!

I forgot to add that there are no intake mods and I ride 500-1000 ft. at temps 50-90.

Thank You for the reply it is greatly appreciated. This is really a great group of people! I will install the 25 pilot. I also ordered the MCT and extended fuel screw. I may go with a 150 main also because I think I want to open up the intake a little. I think on of those SLP Flow Rite inserts from the snowmobile world would fit nicely on the outside of the air box. Anyone tried this instead of the 3X3 that most guys are doing?

Thanks again!

Oconto09