Sign in to follow this  

Seattle visit

OK, me and fiance are heading to Seattle Washington on the Aug 31st for my job interview and will be there until Sept 3rd. Well my question is, does anyone know if we can rent some bikes while we are there? We want or would like to go ride around the area.

So if things work out with this interview (which I hope they do)next week, it looks like we will be moving by the end on Sept:applause:

Any info would be much appreciated 👍

Other than Harley rentals, I'm not aware of any places to rent bikes. Maybe try calling some of the local shops? Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Other than Harley rentals, I'm not aware of any places to rent bikes. Maybe try calling some of the local shops? Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

No worries and thanks for your help. 👍

OK, me and fiance are heading to Seattle Washington on the Aug 31st for my job interview and will be there until Sept 3rd. Well my question is, does anyone know if we can rent some bikes while we are there? We want or would like to go ride around the area.

So if things work out with this interview (which I hope they do)next week, it looks like we will be moving by the end on Sept:applause:

Any info would be much appreciated :worthy:

I cant tell you where to rent any bikes, but I can give you a different piece of advice. If you are planning to visit the space needle, you might want to leave it at just a "visit". My hubby and I ate lunch up in there once and paid $25 for a plate of two crackers and a piece of cheese. Awful cheese at that.

Pike street market is a popular place to go also. It's an open street fish market (with lots of other stuff, too). Kinda cool.

Also, I dont know how much time or $ you want to spend, but you could also ferry out to some of the San Juan Islands--- friday harbor, Orcas Island etc.

Or even up to Victoria B.C.

Have fun whatever you end up doing 👍

BTW, have you ever been in Wa. for an extended period of time?? Hope you like rain;)

I cant tell you where to rent any bikes, but I can give you a different piece of advice. If you are planning to visit the space needle, you might want to leave it at just a "visit".

BTW, have you ever been in Wa. for an extended period of time?? Hope you like rain;)

First time I saw the space needle, it seemed a bit smaller than I originally thought. Pics of it can be rather deceiving...

+100 as far as the rain goes!!! I lived in Oregon from July 2001 - December 2007. When I moved there in July the weather was beautiful. Everybody warned me about the rain, but I thought they were exaggerating. Once winter hit, I found out they weren't. It does snow once in a while, but not like a midwest winter. The sun doesn't shine very often during the winter months either. I missed my family and the sun and decided I could handle the frigid winters (cuz even though it's cold the sun still shines) and my house was destroyed in a flood so we moved back to Minnesota. Of course the biggest factor was the last one...

Good luck with your interview and enjoy your visit to Seattle. Even if you don't get to ride, there are LOTS of other things to do up there!!

Have a great time!!! I LOVED growing up there, and I never thought it was grey and gloomy. Haha, in fact to me it seems like CA has TOO MUCH sunshine 👍

You will LOVE the riding :worthy:, and the mountains will bring you to yer knees :busted:

Another WA native--people make such a fuss over the rain, but you get used to it. It's really not that bad. Remember that they call it "rain" when there's any measurable precipitation. And when it's nice, it's GORGEOUS.

Anyway, dunno on bike rentals either, but there's lots to do if you can't find any bikes. Snoqualmie Falls is a nice drive up a curvy road, and you can either eat up there at the lodge or maybe at the Red Hook Brewery when you get back. For city stuff, there's the underground city tours, which I always wanted to do and never got to. Wandering through the market is fun. Whidbey Island and Deception Pass is a nice drive/ferry ride.

Red Hook, heh, here's the beer I knew pre Starbucks/hot stuff microbrewery...

(motorcycle + beer)

(we grow um beeg)

A little eye candy

I went to Mount Rainier HS and the Rainier Beer "R" was our logo(and the same Rainier typeface used too). It was tradition to chuck Rainier beer bottlecaps during pep assemblies. Not that I ever brought any of my own of course, I always borrowed 👍

Thanx everyone. We did find a few places for bikes but not what we were looking for so looks like the big "T" for us (tourist). Now to just deal with this job possibility.

If I get this job well damn....new bike time :busted:

Again thanx everyone 👍:worthy:

Just 2. we wanted to just ride around the area and maybe find some trails. 👍

And wheelie in front of cops :worthy:

Actually Debi is a responsible rider, really!