Sign in to follow this  

hand strength help, head injury help

after only about 10 -20 minutes of doing laps on the local ohv mx track, and i start getting arm pump and my hands start hurting, mostly my clutch hand, my clutch feels like its too hard to pull in and after a while i have to pull off because it becomes too hard to use my clutch, is it the clutch or me?

also, has anyone on here washed out after landing a jump and smacked their head pretty good, cuz i did that yesterday and according to the listed symptoms we researched its not a concussion, but i still have a nasty headache, any idea when this will go away?

rule of thumb is for every minute you were out, you are take a month off the bike. Concussions get worse the more you get them. As for your headache, I dont know, you probably would have been hospitalized now if it was brain swelling, maybe give it a few days.

Arm pump, I keep those grip excersie things in my office and a grip ball in my car and use them religiously, I dont get arm pump much anymore, relaxing and squeezing with your knees and breathing will also help a lot. I still get hand and wrist pains but I ride through it and it goes away. If you stop every time your arms pump up or your hands and wrists hurt you will train them to hurt quicker. Slow down and ride through it, breathe properly. A lot of people dont realize they are not breathing deeply when riding. Also, use a ten pound weight and do wrist curls, this will help. As for your clutch, it may need to be adjusted properly, a new lever, etc.