Sign in to follow this  

Has anybody ever seen this? And where do i get one!!!

Does anybody know what that is on the front fender/up against the number plate? I hopeing a gas tank or water tank? If so, where can you get them?

1234.jpg

Looks like a gas tank.

Acerbis sells them.

A friend of mine used to use one for longer desert races, but I think it puts too much weight over the front end. An over size tank like one from IMS or Clarke is better in my opinion.

Looks like a gas tank.

Acerbis sells them.

A friend of mine used to use one for longer desert races, but I think it puts too much weight over the front end. An over size tank like one from IMS or Clarke is better in my opinion.

+1, I rode with my camelback mounted in the same position as that gas tank and it made the front end want to wash out on everything, only took about 3 corners before it went back on my back 👍

I bet it would really screw up the handling, but if you want/need an aux tank for rare occasions, I suppose it is an OK alternative to buying a bigger tank.

Being that your stock vent tube goes into and thru and down to the bottom of the 2nd tank, it keeps your orginal tank full tell the 2nd tank runs out. All that said means that the 2nd tank will drain first and any weight that maybe a problem will only be a problem for a short time.

Interesting, I didn't know that it drained like that. Does it have a bladder in it? I can't tell from link posted. I wonder it sloshing around would be an issue? I went with a Clarke tank a while back and haven't been on a ride where I would need more fuel yet, but could be a possibility in the future.

Just buy a bigger tank. My buddy has one on an older husky 2 stroke because they dont make a tank for his bike. By the way nice pic from mike's skyranch.