Sign in to follow this  

Top end rebuild Dont know piston size?

This is my first post on the forums i recently just picked up a 1999 cr 125 which the previous owner said was bored out. He was however unsure of the bore size.

I have never rebuilt a 2 stroke motor before and was wondering how would i be able to identify which piston to order?

Iv heard there are 133,139,and 144 kits available but dont know how to tell the difference.

Bike starts first kick so i wont have to rebuild it now but would like to anway to know i am starting fresh.

Thanks in advance,

Dustin

The size of the piston should be engraved in the piston dome. Clean the carbon off and look at what it says. Then either post the numbers here and we can help or if it's a wiseco refer to their web site and check the numbers there. If the cylinder is not gouged or scored then a new piston is needed with gaskets. Get yourself a manual of some sort and it will walk you through the process. It's painless if you can turn a wrench and read.

best way to find out is to take it to a local shop. have them clean up the cylinder wall while your at it. now youll have a fresh wall and the correct measurements so all you need to do is order the pistons and etc