Sign in to follow this  

Upgrade SM Caliper only?

On thinking about it, the line may need to be a tad longer, as the caliper mount is lower. I think Raptorz has the QTM setup, you could ask his advice

I got a email from QTM and they only make a 320 bracket.

Next question:

Could I buy this setup (bottom of the page)

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2007/default.asp?p=553

and just get the bracket from QTM?

I understand the kit is for the S/E conversion to the SM

(I think I need that is a lug mount kit and the qtm bracket is radial)

That kit is definitely lug mount, it would get you the 4 pot caliper you want. I've seen the 320 kit used on SMs, it means the pads sit off the edge of the disc, not something I'd like to do, but, it doesn't seem to cause anyone who runs it a problem.

You cannot use an E/S relocation bracket on the SM. It would relocate the caliper to something stupid like a 400mm disc :worthy:

QTM make the only bolt on 4pot caliper kit, and its a radial mount caliper.

If your spending the money on a QTM its only a hundred or so extra for a 320 disc.

Other alternatives are to buy slimline 4 pot calipers (ones from sportsbikes dont usually work, as they dont accomodate for the spokes) and then have a custom relocation bracket made at a local machine shop.

KTM use brembo calipers and run then with spokes, so it may be worth looking for a used KTM Brembo caliper.

Also making sure you run decent brake line fluid in SS lines with stock pads is a good way to keep braking power up 👍